TDI power kick up

This forum is for TDI (Turbo Direct Injection) questions/posts. Non-TDI Motors (Including the 1.6, and 1.9 or other variant turbo diesel motors) should go in the VW Diesel General Forum

Moderator: Fatmobile

rockcrawler_101
Glow Plug

TDI power kick up

Post by rockcrawler_101 »

I was wondering if there was a way to keep the millage of a TDI and get some more power. I want to keep a good MPG but have the power on tap if i need it. Is there a computer setup were you can change the power from inside the car or not. Any info would be great. Thanks
coke

Post by coke »

Its called a "chip". They sell them on eBay and a couple top name sellers sell them as well.
Turbo Caddy
Glow Plug

Post by Turbo Caddy »

Do a web search for a company called Van Aaken Diesel, they have power boxes for the TDI.
CoolAirVw
Turbo Charger

Post by CoolAirVw »

You can install larger injector nozzles. Auto cars have smaller, stick cars have larger and aftermarket you can get bigger.

Hopefully you have a stick? I would worry that the weak VW auto trans would fail if you put more power to it????????

Larger than stock nozzles on a stick can be complemented very well with a chip called RocketChip. RocketChip has a 2nd advantage, that if you disable the EGR to prevent intake clogging the rocketchip keeps you from triggering a code.
Richard
85 Jetta TD
ASE Certified Master Auto-Technician with L1 Advanced Engine Diagnostic Rating and Light Diesel certification
ATRA Certified in Rebuilding, Diagnosing & Installing Transmissions

My Threads---> <a href="viewtopic.php?t=6255&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0" target="_blank">Rusty Floor Repair </a> ---- <a href="viewtopic.php?t=4923&highlight=" target="_blank">Oil Pressure Warning</a>----<a href="viewtopic.php?t=6632" target="_blank">Uploading Pictures</a>----<a href="http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php? ... t&p=730755" target="_blank">My Porsche 914</a>
MayorDJQ
Diesel Freak

Post by MayorDJQ »

Sprint 520 nozzles will give 15-20 more HP, not sure how much more torque, will little affect on mileage. I lost about 1-2 mpgs on my '01 Golf depending on how I drove it.
vw_commuter
Cetane Booster

Post by vw_commuter »

It all depends on the type of TDI you have. If you have the non-Pumpe Deuse motor then your options are pretty wide open with the ability to change injectors easily that give you more options. If your TDI is a Pumpe Deuse then it is a real pain to change the injectors since they are under the valve cover and are operated by the cam but it is easy to load a new 'tune' for the system. Go to KermaTDI and look at their Q-Loader. That is one slick little gizmo for loading a custom tune in to your car and it's all done through the OBDII port under the dash.