Old guy Old Rabbit---both Happy.

Technical questions and answers concerning all models of VW diesel vehicles.

Moderator: Fatmobile

hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SAGA : tripseven what does 15 . 9 Miles on 1150 ml come to ? This ii a round trip to Sigrids hitting 55 Mph at times tough Mountain road driving . One hill I had to do in gear # 1 .

hagar.
Last edited by hagar on Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
slowbirds
Cetane Booster

smilage

Post by slowbirds »

Hey Hagar 1.150ml =0.2529696 imperial gls. 15.9 miles divided by 0.2529696= 62.8 mpg.
tripseven
Diesel Freak

Post by tripseven »

Or....52.3 MPG US

Pretty dang good for mountains and 1st gear hills. Im lucky to squeeze that out on flat roads!
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SAGA : BINGO the Duckling will do 100 MPG Imp .is in the bag . .That took a lot of doing . Why do I not do it today ? I have to finish switching ECO -- LDA Turbo mode , in a couple of day's it will work .

To get a 0 to 0 .5 PSIG Gauge is hard. , used for adjusting " BOOST". we will get it ,

hagar.

PS : Today she did 75 . 9 in ECO mode.
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SAGA : Thank you tripseven for crunching all those numbers. . standing today after round-trip of 10.1 Miles ? 75 . 9 miles on a gallon Imp. 100.00 is in sight..(10 .1 Miles on 550 ml)

How does hagar know she will do a hundred ? solid experience and lots of elbow grease..

Tyre pressure front ? 70 Psig rear ? 30 Psig..

hagar.
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SAGA : tripseven : the reason I reported 50 ml too much on the 10.1 Mile round trip was that I use two Pyrex beakers a big one and a small one for accuracy my "Vernier Beaker" I call it..

Op-Ivy using the sun to help dissolve the WAX is a good way , I use it this time of year. BUT I shield the fuel from direct sun. . Using Aluminium foil or a tin can.

Duckling has not tasted Wax so far. She is using AeroShell W 120.. IMHO Op-Ivy your Jetta could use a good doze..

I have the complete history for "Fraulein Bunny Bondo" but very little for the "Bunny Ugly Duckling".

SO ? that complicates "Hillbilly-TUNING" , will that stop a guy like hagar ? we shall see.

hagar.

PS : Duckling she is calling.me. EH ? yes I go.
Last edited by hagar on Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
82vdub
Turbo Charger

Post by 82vdub »

hagar, I have a curious question for you regarding wax. Last year when I began dissolving wax for my summer fuel system, I was wondering what would happen if wax was added to oil. By no means am I telling anyone to go add wax to their oil!!!!!!! Anyways, I cut a little chunk of wax and placed it in oil. It took forever, but finally disolved (I discovered the jar of wax/oil in the garage yesterday while cleaning 'and boy did it need it'). Anyways, since you are quite familiar with wax, any thoughts on what that would do in oil? My first thought would be what does the wax disolved down to, and would this pass through an oil filter. The other thought that comes to mind would be a possible slow residual buildup of wax that solidifies on the engine block when the engine cools down, and there may be a substantial buildup of wax over time.

Thoughts anyone?
Everybody else lists their cars here - but not me.

I have too many to count
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SAGA : 82vdub : Wax in lube ? interesting , yes it has crossed my mind at times ..

For limping home with a bad rod bearing ? yes I would use LOTS of Wax.. Generally I say NO .

Any Rabbit where the cold start makes any difference when engine is running has a marginal I P SO? a cube of Wax is in order.

Amount is up to the individual DIY type (it cost money) I err on side of plenty.

Bondo and Duckling does not need Wax. . Maybe I should rehash the rules for the newbies ?..

hagar.

PS : yes I know about filter problem.
tripseven
Diesel Freak

Post by tripseven »

Deleted
Last edited by tripseven on Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JAMES ADKINS
Turbo Charger

Post by JAMES ADKINS »

Hey guy's this is first time i read last page andi discovered you guy's talking about desolving wax in your oil. It was the i remeber using a cheap oil (i think it was rocket brand )for an old beater i used to have and i remember my dad telling me to stay away from that junk as he said it was parifine based and would in time clog up small oil passages.
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SAGA : 82vdub I am in agreement with you , Adkins admitted not reading. . (SAGA) .

tripseven the Cloud-point to Solidity is a fair spread.

Let me rehash the REASON for a Wax job, EH ?

First the BOSCH V E I P's were designed and calibrated for # 2. Diesel . We get 15 PPM at the pumps , that is what I call "TWIGGY" fuel we need "The FAT Lady stuff." EH ? SO ? what to do ? (the Fat Lady sings a lot at hagar's)

we try to increase the Viscosity , and I know nothing better than Paraffin WAX.

What will the Wax do ? Extend the service life of the I P. and lubricate just about every thing. . While being a perfect FUEL..

hagar.

PS : DYNAMIC injection timing is where it is at..
Last edited by hagar on Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
tripseven
Diesel Freak

Re: Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by tripseven »

Deleted
Last edited by tripseven on Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SAGA : tripseven NO cloudy is fine , it is used to give us warning that WAX will solidify if temp keeps dropping.

hagar.
tripseven
Diesel Freak

Post by tripseven »

OK hagar...makes sense now.

If I have time this weekend, Im going to test cloud-point using straight wax in my test fuel rather than adding 454g wax to 1 gal fuel then adding calculated doses to my test fuel. We have a scale at work that measures as low as 1/10th of a gram so I made a bunch of 5g batches. Plus, this time it wont be in the sun. Hopefully I get the same results.
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SAGA : I have been keeping an eye on the forest fire close to Op-Ivy , young Mat is an upcoming Master TUNER and his Jetta better survive.. . I was told here that he had to pack all his stuff and be ready to evacuate..

I hope he will be the first graduate of hagars Academy for VW diesel TUNING.

hagars lair has been all about Rabbits for weeks. --- weather superb.

hagar.