Cars and Parts
Please list location (city, state) of merchandise in thread title

Moderator: Fatmobile

Dan414
Glow Plug

FS: 1991 VW Jetta Diesel 1.6 non-turbo 414K IN 46032

Post by Dan414 »

1991 VW Jetta Diesel 1.6

This is my daily driver that I have had since 1995. I recently have changed cars, so I am reluctantly selling this one. I got it when it had 76K on it and it now has 414K, so as you can imagine, I pretty much know the history of it since I have done everything on it in the meantime myself except 2 clutches and a head gasket that I had other people do. The engine is good – does not use any oil – maybe a quart between oil changes. Right now it does need a head gasket, it went out in the winter, and I ended up deciding to sell it this way. Here’s what has been done in the last year: Timing belt, water pump, injector pump rebuilt, glow plugs, 1 new front wheel bearing – the other one not that long ago, new front calipers, rotors, pads, booster, and master cylinder. It has good alloy wheels that ride smooth, but the tires are ready to be replaced. It has the high 5th gear, which is nice, that I put in way back at the beginning, The rear brakes and cable are worn out. Needs a head gasket. The body is a little rusty around the edges in a few spots. AC has had a leak for a while that I never fixed. It has never had new injectors, but has always gotten 42mph average. The return hoses seem to leak a little, but I haven’t tried replacing the whole return line yet either- probably just the injectors because they seem to give off a steady stream of excess fuel that is probably more than the hoses can handle. In the winter this year it was starting fine until I could tell that the head gasket was bad. Any questions, let me know, would be happy to talk on the phone, too. The windshield is cracked. I am happy to answer any other questions. Asking $1800. For more photos paste in this:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ViewSlidesh ... 0350871906
1991 Jetta Diesel