Cars and Parts
Please list location (city, state) of merchandise in thread title

Moderator: Fatmobile

toadsmith183
Glow Plug

86 NA 2 door jetta

Post by toadsmith183 »

Hey all,

I've got an '86 2 door Jetta, non turbo that, unfortunately for me, I need to get rid of. It died back in January, 25 miles after putting new tires and shocks on it and... well let me just get right into it.

The car is free. Yes, free to anybody who has the time necessary for it.
I just don't want to see it get crushed or hauled away to a junkyard so I thought I'd see if anybody here wants it
I've removed the engine from the car and disassembled it. Everything is clearly labeled in plastic bags. All engine wiring harness connections have masking tape labels on them, also I've taken about 20-30 pictures during disassembly for clarification in the future. I figure anybody willing to take on this project already has some experience with vw diesels so they should be familiar with the layout. I didn't measure the bores yet so i don't know the condition. There is no visible cracks in the head or block. The cylinders look pretty smooth. The rod bearings looked great and the crank is still in the block. Hydraulic lifters. No rubbing.
I'd like to keep the injection pump as it was recently rebuilt.

Also, rear driver side window was broken by some kids in the neighborhood.
Other than that, everything is as it should be on an '86. Very little rust.
I could write an entire life chapter about this car. Don't want to see it go but (i never thought I'd be saying this) i have no time for this project right now.

e-mail: toadsmith183@hotmail.com
If you have any questions, please e-mail and we can talk
It'll probably go on a dolly, but I'd recommend a flatbed.