1982 VW Rabbit Pickup for sale

Cars and Parts
Please list location (city, state) of merchandise in thread title

Moderator: Fatmobile

jkeiffer_gearhead
Turbo Charger

1982 VW Rabbit Pickup for sale

Post by jkeiffer_gearhead »

well after the Ebay auction did not meet the reserve price I am putting up the Caddy for sale here and another forum
if you want any pictures PM me with your email or email me. this is also on craigslist in the Grand Rapids area of Michigan.
below is a description for everything that comes with the truck for the price of $1100 Firm

it has approx 225k miles, I just got done replacing the piston rings, bearings and gaskets on the .020 over bored 1.6L NA Diesel engine. I also replaced the seal on the injection pump with a new biodiesel ready Nitrile seal. I set the valve lash to the lifters to the specifications called out by VW. all 4 glow plugs work and it starts right up. the transmissionn is a 5 speed cableshift 02Atransmission that needs a 5th gear syncro and for some reason it wont go into 1st. but still gets 40-44 mpg in 5th gear. this transmission is out of a 98 beetle. I also have an older 4 speed transmission code GN with a lightened flywheen and stock clutch that goes with the sale of this truck. about 40k miles ago I replaced the wheel bearings, tierod ends, CV joints (both inner and outer with teh 100 mm GTI joints (stock are 90 mm)), ball joints and put brand new seats in the car along with the cable shift hydraulic clutch transmission. I have loved driving this truck for the past 4 years as the milage and reliability have been very good but with a growing family I have to get rid of it for a larger vehicle. I have a ton of other spare parts to go with this truck including the following

Lightened 020 flywheel with good slightly used clutch and pressure plate
4 speed GN transmission
new std co-fab piston rings for 1.5 or 1.6, $15
Caddy Slider Window assembly
set of chrome trim rings and hubcaps for 13" rims and any extras I have laying around (I think I have 2 or 3 extra hubcaps)
2 door polished aluminum window trim and gaskets for doors only
std set of 1.5 or 1.6 pistons and rods used but in good shape
two rabbit windshield wiper motors
Caddy Topper, raised fiberglass, rear window needs replacing has plywood for time being
two new emergency/parking brake cables
other misc parts as well

feel free to email me at justin@archeryprostaffmi.com
or call me at 989-763-3632 (normal daytime hours), the truck is located in allendale, MI and has a very good condition 2.5" exhaust system on, it also has two good and working hella off road lights and a bed mat as well as an electronic speedometer for the new sytle transmission
I purchased 2 tires at the beginning of last winter and 2 more tires this spring and have not run the 2nd 2 for more than 1000 miles as they are in the back of the truck. so the truck comes with 2 spare tires and an extra set of 14" rims. the 4 new tires are 175x70r13 winterforce tires and work awesome in the snow and ice. if you want additional pictures I can email them to you. this truck does require some TLC as it is an 82 and has been modified through its life for various things. this is a very easy conversion for vegetable oil which I have had on this truck but pulled it out for another car that I used to have. I can show exactly what I did for the conversion that many kits do not encompass today as well as provide a 10 gallon fuel can (goes in the spare tire area of a 2 or 4 door rabbit) to get started with as another add on for the sale of the vehicle

I installed the 1980 front clip and repaired some rusty areas in the front end when this was done. the chassis was measured and was still aligned and never had any parts of the chassis bent in the front end collision. all repairs were to body panel and grill interfaces. this truck has been repainted probably 2-3 times through its life and is still in pretty good shape.

Sincerely,

Justin Keiffer
www.archeryprostaffmi.com
1985 GMC pickup 4x4 lift kit and runs 14.625 @ 91mph
1982 VW rabbit pickup 1.6L just rebuilt, 100mm cv's, 02A transmission
1997 Geo Tracker 1.9 TDI-M, variable gate turbo, Giles Pump
jkeiffer_gearhead
Turbo Charger

Still for sale and any VW stuff that I have goes with the Caddy.

Price is $1000 OBO

later
Justin
rar335
Glow Plug

Post by rar335 »

jkeiffer_gearhead wrote:Still for sale and any VW stuff that I have goes with the Caddy.

Price is $1000 OBO

later
Justin

Emailed you for pics, thanks!
jkeiffer_gearhead
Turbo Charger

Sorry, the pickup is sold. however I do know where a 4 door rabbit non running is for sale pretty reasonable. if you are interested let me know and I will get you a phone number.

later
jkeiffer
carbuilder19
Glow Plug

Re:

Post by carbuilder19 »

jkeiffer_gearhead wrote:Sorry, the pickup is sold. however I do know where a 4 door rabbit non running is for sale pretty reasonable. if you are interested let me know and I will get you a phone number.

later
jkeiffer
hi! is the 4 door rabbit still available? if yes, please send me a photo as I want to restore it and put some unique Volkswagen parts. thanks.
Last edited by carbuilder19 on Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
jkeiffer_gearhead
Turbo Charger

Re: 1982 VW Rabbit Pickup for sale

sorry all of my VW stuff is sold