Loving my diesel conversion.

Moderator: Fatmobile

allsierra123
Glow Plug

Loving my diesel conversion.

Post by allsierra123 »

Its not a powerhouse by the seat of your pants conversion. But Im thinking it is just as powerful as the WBX was. My wife has been driving it mostly The gearing is not going to be Ideal Im going to 16" tires and wheels that may help out a bit. But all in all its good.
91 GL auto 1.9 TD conversion.
CoolAirVw
Turbo Charger

Post by CoolAirVw »

How 'bout posting some pics?
Richard
85 Jetta TD
ASE Certified Master Auto-Technician with L1 Advanced Engine Diagnostic Rating and Light Diesel certification
ATRA Certified in Rebuilding, Diagnosing & Installing Transmissions

My Threads---> <a href="viewtopic.php?t=6255&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0" target="_blank">Rusty Floor Repair </a> ---- <a href="viewtopic.php?t=4923&highlight=" target="_blank">Oil Pressure Warning</a>----<a href="viewtopic.php?t=6632" target="_blank">Uploading Pictures</a>----<a href="http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php? ... t&p=730755" target="_blank">My Porsche 914</a>
allsierra123
Glow Plug

Post by allsierra123 »

I should, I havent Posted any or taken any in a while.
rsxsr

Post by rsxsr »

How about these pictures of my conversion?

Image[/url]
allsierra123
Glow Plug

Post by allsierra123 »

looks nice. I havent got around to snapping the pics yet have been very busy. But will get it done soon. in the process of a timing belt R&R at the moment.
libbybapa
Turbo Charger

Post by libbybapa »

Allsierra, whenever replacing the belt be sure to adjust the tracking so that the edge of the belt does not rub on anything (not even the lips of the tensioner). This is easily accomplished by pressing or lifting the pump at the back by the injection lines. Pressing the pump down in the back causes the belt to track away from the pump, lifting the back of the pump causes it to track towards the pump. If you can't get enough adjustment on just the back bolt, then loosen the mounting bolts for the bracket and adjust it a bit. Of course run it through several rotations by hand before hitting the starter.

Andrew
allsierra123
Glow Plug

Post by allsierra123 »

Thanks for the hint. I actually took it in to have it done. I have been working over 70 hours a week. So I just didn't have the time to get to it.
dvuono
Cetane Booster

Post by dvuono »

Damn thats a beautiful looking engine. How much did it cost to put in that intercooler? Great job!
Dave and his 82 Diesel Vanagon