WTB Rabbit Diesel Speedometer And Other Parts

Cars and Parts
Please list location (city, state) of merchandise in thread title

Moderator: Fatmobile

CDInut
Glow Plug

WTB Rabbit Diesel Speedometer And Other Parts

Post by CDInut »

I am in need of a good speedometer for my Rabbit Diesel. The gears are broken and frozen on the odometer I have now. I also need a few other things if anyone is parting out a four door Rabbit. Here is a list of some other things I would like to buy.

Drivers door upper trim panel in blue
Left and right “Bâ€
82vdub
Turbo Charger

Post by 82vdub »

The year of the Rabbit would help, and is the speedo cluster the rectangular style or the round style pods?
Everybody else lists their cars here - but not me.

I have too many to count
Fatmobile
Global Moderator

Post by Fatmobile »

... and please put your location in your profile.
It's going to take a local to get you a headliner.
I don't think anyone will send something that big.
Me and a friend are parting out a couple 4 doors, one is blue but it's 100 miles from me.
'91 Golf gasser converted to a 12mm pump, M-TDI.
'84 1.6TD Rabbit with a VNT-15 turbo, still setup to run on vegetable oil.
'84 GTI with 1.7TD pistons and intercooled.
2003 TDI wagon
2000 TDI Jetta.
CDInut
Glow Plug

Post by CDInut »

Sorry, that is some important information I left out. I am located just outside of Birmingham, AL. The car I am working on is a 1981 LS. I was able to find a speedometer. Hopefully it will work as promised when I receive it. I just thought I would ask about the headliner. There might be someone within driving distance with one.
doonboggle
Cetane Booster

Post by doonboggle »

CDInut wrote:Sorry, that is some important information I left out. I am located just outside of Birmingham, AL. The car I am working on is a 1981 LS. I was able to find a speedometer. Hopefully it will work as promised when I receive it. I just thought I would ask about the headliner. There might be someone within driving distance with one.
There's a fellow on ebay that puts stuff like the cluster on ebay every now and then. Seems to deal in various parts from junk yards; and changes the stuff often. I bought a bunch of stuff from him for my 81 and most of it arrived A-OK; but some I thought was a bit lacking in description; but was my fault for not clarifying first. If you want his email, advise and will send.

Use PM. I'm not subscribing to this thead.
rkas48
Cetane Booster

SPEEDOMETER

Post by rkas48 »

If you don't find a used one that works, I never did. I can give you the address of the speedometer shop that rebuilt mine in CA. Let me know if you want it.
1981 Rabbit 1.6 NA
Quantum TD
Turbo Charger

Re: WTB Rabbit Diesel Speedometer And Other Parts

Post by Quantum TD »

[quote="CDInut"]I am in need of a good speedometer for my Rabbit Diesel. The gears are broken and frozen on the odometer I have now. I also need a few other things if anyone is parting out a four door Rabbit. Here is a list of some other things I would like to buy.

Drivers door upper trim panel in blue
Left and right “Bâ€
sawedoffgolf
Glow Plug

Post by sawedoffgolf »

I have a working cluster i pulled from my mk1 rabbit, i dont know what they are worth so how does $30 sound?
84 Rabbit TD
stevemcgee99
Glow Plug

Post by stevemcgee99 »

sawedoffgolf wrote:I have a working cluster i pulled from my mk1 rabbit, i dont know what they are worth so how does $30 sound?
I might be interested. My speed died last winter, too.
My Rabbit is a '79, too, single dial / speed in cluster / am-only radio. Which version do you have?
'79 Rabbit