Issues with 09 Jetta TDI Auto

This forum is for TDI (Turbo Direct Injection) questions/posts. Non-TDI Motors (Including the 1.6, and 1.9 or other variant turbo diesel motors) should go in the VW Diesel General Forum

Moderator: Fatmobile

woza
Glow Plug

Issues with 09 Jetta TDI Auto

Post by woza »

I have a question with regards to a 09 VW Jetta TDI auto.
The car hesitates for about 1 to 2 seconds when the gas pedal is applied. I have had it back to the dealer quite a few times and they don't seem to get it right.
1) Dealer's first answer was turbo lag. There is no turbo lag on the 02. The 09 TDI has a variable vane turbo as far as I am aware

2) Brakes on the 09 are not as sharp as the brakes on the 02. The brake pedal on the 09 is also spongy. Dealer answer is a relief valve on the brake system

Anybody out there have these issues with the 08/09 Jetta TDI

Thanks
Last edited by woza on Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Warrington PA
02 Jetta TDI Stick shift
09 Jetta TDI Auto (Wife's wheels )
1968 Series IIA 109 LWB 3 door Diesel Land Rover(still working on this one
1969 Series IIA 88 SWB 3 door SW Gas at this time
CoolAirVw
Turbo Charger

Post by CoolAirVw »

DSG trans? These kinda work that way normally.
Richard
85 Jetta TD
ASE Certified Master Auto-Technician with L1 Advanced Engine Diagnostic Rating and Light Diesel certification
ATRA Certified in Rebuilding, Diagnosing & Installing Transmissions

My Threads---> <a href="viewtopic.php?t=6255&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0" target="_blank">Rusty Floor Repair </a> ---- <a href="viewtopic.php?t=4923&highlight=" target="_blank">Oil Pressure Warning</a>----<a href="viewtopic.php?t=6632" target="_blank">Uploading Pictures</a>----<a href="http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php? ... t&p=730755" target="_blank">My Porsche 914</a>