Old guy Old Rabbit---both Happy.

Technical questions and answers concerning all models of VW diesel vehicles.

Moderator: Fatmobile

rabbit_man
Turbo Charger

Post by rabbit_man »

vwtyp133 wrote:Have to agree with hagar that old Rabbit/Jetta diesel prices seem to be down... probably 'cause it's winter, but also because none of the VW diesels was eligible for the big US federal clunker-carnage program last year, so they're 'still around'. At any given time, there's always a certain % of the population ready to sell. That's due to marketing... part of what keeps so many folks broke!

Not the time for me to buy any more cars, hagar. I'd have to find another place to live, pay higher monthly payments (too much already), and then there's the divorce lawyer... ! So I'm actually gonna repair and sell off some of my current 'fleet', though probably not any of my VWs.

Happy days & good weather y'all.

J.R.
SoCal (no rain for last 2 days!)
What's with the bold writing? :?
Last edited by rabbit_man on Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Op-Ivy
Turbo Charger

Post by Op-Ivy »

So I finally finished a tank of diesel yesterday. I got an increase of about 9% running on eco mode and with the fuel leaned out. About 44mpg on average to 48.2mpg.
1990 TD Jetta - 490,000Km
surfcam
Turbo Charger

Post by surfcam »

I think time waits for no one. Just resonantly the self serve wreckers have changed. Their was only one rabbit. Now the A3's are really rolling in. It's about 50/50 between A2's and A3's. If a TDI rolls in I can't see it lasting more that three hours before the engines gone. Maybe it's time to jump into a TDI. Maybe I'll get an engine first just for peace of mind.
99 TDI Jetta (Z1 engine code)
94 Grand Caravan
89 Dodge Gold Stream B class
http://www.antiquedollhouseofpatterns.ca/
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SAGA : I take great pleasure from passing on some very important Information about Batteries. For anyone with Rabbits .

Waldmar Jungner (a Swede)

Waldmar Jungner invented the nickel-cadmium battery in 1899. At that time, the materials were expensive compared to other battery types available and its use was limited to special applications. In 1932, the active materials were deposited inside a porous nickel-plated electrode and in 1947 research began on a sealed nickel-cadmium battery. .

There are thousands of Aircraft batteries for FREE or really cheap . Why ? because in Amerika and Kanada it is mandatory removal in certified Aircraft , due to thermal runaway's. I got a S A F T for free . out of a Helicopter.

hagar.
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SAGA : MPalm . Please do this forum (and me) a great favor. Find a Biography on a very iimportant SWEDE.

Walgemar Jungner (inventer of the NiCad) . your public library has one EH ? I can translate it if required..

TIA.

hagar.

PS : yes I googled , no good.
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SAGA : Read hagars lips ! that SWEDE Jungner invented the most used and produced Alkaline Secondary battery of all time.. We call it a NiCad .

That is by far the best battery for Hy-Brids and Electric Cars . The LiIon does not even compare. Lithium Ion is used now , WHY ? some do not like Cadmium . And the NiCad is very expensive to make.

Strange thing about NiCads the fluid Spg does not change , like a Lead Acid does , the volume change.According to state of charge.

It is Spg about 1,2 Soolution of distilled Water and Potassium Hydroxide flakes . For safety when mixing have Pound of Boric Acid handy.

hagar.
Last edited by hagar on Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SAGA : CNN is disgusting , that young controller is doing a first class Job. . I say way to go kiddo.

You can give me directions any time.

PS : of course his dad is there. -- If you think not , you are STUPID. that kid may grow up to be the controller of all time EH ?
Vincent Waldon
Turbo Charger

Post by Vincent Waldon »

The young controller was fine... the question is: what other traffic was the dad missing while telling her who was cleared?! :shock:
Vince

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2001 silver TDI Jetta Malone Stage 1.5 , 2001 blue TDI Jetta SBIII 216s Malone Stage 3
1970 Bay Window bus

Gone but not forgotten: 1969/1971 Beetles, 1969/1974 Westies, 1979 Rabbit, 1986 TD Jetta, 1992 gas Jetta, 1994 TD Jetta

Here's a small collection of HOW-TOs
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SAGA : As a flyboy (since 1953) my attitude is that , nobody but nobody but a controller should have access to the Room or the mic. . BUT the world is not a perfect world . . This one rates a "Only in Amerika" . .

I liked the voice of that controller (who was ONLY the voice ) . hagar agrees with your argument. Vincent.

That and "Sully" flying his last mile , made my day..

hagar.

PS : was it a boy ?.
Vincent Waldon
Turbo Charger

Re: Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by Vincent Waldon »

hagar wrote:
PS : was it a boy ?.
The Controller's six year old son the first night, and his 8 year old daughter the next night. :shock: :lol:

http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/news/nat ... ect-planes
Vince

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2001 silver TDI Jetta Malone Stage 1.5 , 2001 blue TDI Jetta SBIII 216s Malone Stage 3
1970 Bay Window bus

Gone but not forgotten: 1969/1971 Beetles, 1969/1974 Westies, 1979 Rabbit, 1986 TD Jetta, 1992 gas Jetta, 1994 TD Jetta

Here's a small collection of HOW-TOs
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SAGA : Vince that link is awesome. . we have a lot of flyboy Diesel fanatics in these forums., SO ? you guys enjoy , like hagar.

I drive a 1983 VW Rabbit Turbo 1.6 Litre. Then I listen to problems with Toyota's in 2010 . and count my blessings. , 64 Mpg US gallon..

Flying and Diesel Mix ? yes hagar is cool . . If I had to fly as co-joe I would want "Sully" as Captain.

hagar.
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SAGA : As stressful as it can be for an air traffic
controller a little bit of levity can go along way.. I second that.

Jennifer Granholm (first I knew about her) did a magnificent job at Rosa Parks funeral . She put Bush to shame.

Is she still Governor ? in 2010 ? . OK . she promised to pay for a diesel education for Michiganesers .

Get that Diesel Ticket it is worth thousands of dollars. You need help ? P M hagar.

Years ago she was a bundle of Brains and Beauty , read my lips. Why can I bend her ear ? Vancouver BC. EH ? that is why/

hagar.
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SAGA : What is an Executive Order?
The Michigan Constitution of 1963 vests the executive power of the state in
the Governor. That power is exercised formally by executive order. Executive
orders may reorganize agencies within the executive branch of state
government, reassign functions among executive branch agencies, establish an
advisory body, commission, or task force, regulate conduct within the
executive branch of state government, or proclaim or end an emergency. Once
signed by the Governor, executive orders are filed with the Secretary of
State, where the orders are sealed and retained by the Office of the Great
Seal.

hagar owe that wonderful (then) country of USA , this is my way
(one of them) to pay back .
I am offering my help (FREE) to Governor Granholm . Yes mostly
about Diesels and Batteries..

Remember VESTAS is a Danish company SO ? I have a leg up. .They are
not TURBINES they are Wind-Mills.

Did a Dane design the worlds best Wind-Mill ? did Stradivarius
make the worlds best Violin ? . Nuff said.

Michigan has it all for the taking , the skilled labor force the
resources and God knows what . I wish I was there.

And don't forget a leader who cares for EVERYBODY . (yes she is hard
nosed)

Lets compare Jennifer to Arnold EH ? Arnold comes out looking like
an Idiot.

I am telling Jennifer that a first class Diesel Hy-brid can be
made in Michigan , that will blow all the rest of the road. Now
it looks like the Toyota drive system may not be good enough .

What exactly can be nade in Michigan ? I shall find out.

hagar
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SAGA : Yes Jennifer I know that Cadmium is out. SO ? we take the Edison battery and IMPROVE that design. It is Nickel-Steel . Patent ran out long ago. about 1917 .

For those of you who are interested in Batteries (like hagar) google has lot of info .

We have far better materials today , than Edison had in his time..Will Michigan be the place ? if Jennifer say so ? Yes.

We have far better control systems , like SCR's . I say it is time.

hagar.
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SAGA : I know some of you do not like Jennifer OK ? she demand that you pay TAX lots of TAX . BUT that has to be done to get things going. Here at hagars we think of Michigan as the AUTO the Car the center of Automobile production of the USA if not the WORLD..

SO ? what made the disaster ? part of it was FREE-TRADE laws. . read my lips they are no good. . I have seen a copy marked SECRET and what I saw I did not like..

Yes I believe in trade "Regulated Trade" .

IMHO Unions are needed , BUT they have to be regulated too . They became way too greedy at one time.

Lets get on with the Battery , The Germans made incredible progress during War # 2 , They designed the most incredible Batteries with things like sintered plates and so on. SO ? all we have to do is start where the Krauts stopped.. No not Lithium.

hagar.

PS : more on Lithium from hagar later.