Cars and Parts
Please list location (city, state) of merchandise in thread title

Moderator: Fatmobile

hewittd
Glow Plug

FS 1979 Volkswagen VW Diesel Rabbit

Post by hewittd »

For sale: 1979 VW Rabbit, Diesel, 4 Door, 4spd manual

The good: Completely "refreshed" 1.5L diesel engine by Volkswagen mechanic. By "refreshed" I mean he took the engine apart, left the parts that were good in, and replaced the parts that were not. Runs, shifts, and drives smooth. Starts with no problems. Gets great gas mileage. Clean and restored brown interior. One key operates all locks and ignition. Fresh springs/shocks in the front off a Cabrio and fresh springs and new KYB GR2 shocks in the rear. Lowered on BBS wheels. Unibody has no serious rust (None on shock towers). No cracks in glass. Great little reliable car. Needs no major or immediate work. If you’re interested, please come check out this car.

The not-so-good: Small spots of surface rust over much of the car. Nothing structural, no holes into the interior. A previous owner rolled it off the back of a truck and into a tree so the hatch and bumper are dented. The driver door is also dented. (Remember, the unibody is not damaged) I have a replacement door and hatch with good glass to go with the car if wanted, but they are brown. Also, the car has no AC, though I have vent windows ready to be installed I would be willing to part with. Antenna is broken off. Dash speaker is bad. A little rash/surface rust on one of the wheels. Some punk smashed my driverside mirror off, so that is missing as well.

Why I’m selling it: Need to pay student loans and it’s easier for me to share a car now.

Asking: $2.2k

Location: I live in downtown Chapel Hill, NC (Near Raleigh, NC).

I only have one pic of the car on the BBS wheels. The rest are the cars with the original wheels. I’ll get more posted soon. Email me if you want hi-res images. Heres the link to my Picasa with more pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/11314868...83904059229138

hewittd
Glow Plug

Post by hewittd »

I've posted some new pictures of the car to my picasa: http://picasaweb.google.com/11314868693 ... 4059229138
bottleworks
Cetane Booster

Post by bottleworks »

Still for sale?
1981 VW Rabbit Pickup
and an Additional 1981 VW Rabbit Pickup
"You may have to 'metaphorically' make a deal with the 'devil.' And by 'devil,' I mean Robot Devil. And by 'metaphorically,' I mean 'get your coat.'"