-34F on veg oil this morning!

Technical questions and answers concerning all models of VW diesel vehicles.

Moderator: Fatmobile

DanHoug
Turbo Charger

Post by DanHoug »

ah, B20. my bad.

i've always lusted after the Webasto fuel powered coolant heaters.. 'parking heaters' they are called. very low battery draw and burn diesel to keep the system hot. spendy they are.

-dan
'91 Jetta NA on WVO for 120k miles
'91 Jetta ECO
BlueDog
Turbo Charger

Post by BlueDog »

Lusted is right; more costly than the likely value of my car. B20 is what I attempt to run in the winter months. The goal though is B100.
'89 Jetta 2-dr gasser converted to 1.6L NA
'04 Jetta TDI GLS Platinium
'87 F350 dually 7.3 future project
'79 Mainship Perkins T6.354
1984george
Cetane Booster

Post by 1984george »

Dan, I noticed you said your WVO onboard filters are lasting over 7k miles. I'm curious, do you run a looped return on your system? If so, does the return fuel go through the filter again, or does it go straight from the injector return lines back to the IP.

I ask this because my filters only last about 800-1200 miles. I believe it's because of fats in the WVO because my filter cools with WVO in it every time I shut down (no diesel flushes it because of where the looped return is teed in). What kind of system do you run?
Daren
2003 Jetta TDI, 100k miles
Greasecar Kit
DanHoug
Turbo Charger

Post by DanHoug »

i run a full return to the veg tank. no veg filter flush with diesel so the oil sits in the filter like yours.

i think my long service life might be that i filter down to 1 micron and use a 10 micron filter in the car. what are you filtering down to?

-dan
'91 Jetta NA on WVO for 120k miles
'91 Jetta ECO
82vdub
Turbo Charger

Post by 82vdub »

Dan, it looks like you may have a chance at beating your personal temperature record here in the next couple days...........
Everybody else lists their cars here - but not me.

I have too many to count