WTD: Mk1 turbodiesel air filter box

Cars and Parts
Please list location (city, state) of merchandise in thread title

Moderator: Fatmobile

dieseltdi
Glow Plug

WTD: Mk1 turbodiesel air filter box

Post by dieseltdi »

Title says it all. Obviously willing to pay shipping/handling to Texas and a fair price for the box. Mk2 box could be made to work but would rather have the MK1 version for my Cabby diesel conversion. TIA
Proud owner of:
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ecodiesel
1982 Jetta Coupe with Euro GTD engine and badging - FOR SALE
2015 Jetta TDI SE
Fully restored 1968 VW beetle
And many, many, many VWs; from a 1947 Beetle (11 Beetles total), to Vans (5 - 3 splitties, 2 bay window), Rabbits (3),Karmen Ghia (1), Jettas (5), Passats (2), Dasher (1), New Beetle (1),and Rabbit Pickups (3), most now gone but not forgotten.
Quantum TD
Turbo Charger

Re: WTD: Mk1 turbodiesel air filter box

Post by Quantum TD »

IIRC, the early Rabbit Carburated box is similar enough, or the same and will work. Should be easier to find. Ask Fatmobile. I think he did that on one of his cars.
dieseltdi
Glow Plug

Post by dieseltdi »

Thanks for the information. I have already found 2 so I am trying to get one bought. Hayden
Proud owner of:
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ecodiesel
1982 Jetta Coupe with Euro GTD engine and badging - FOR SALE
2015 Jetta TDI SE
Fully restored 1968 VW beetle
And many, many, many VWs; from a 1947 Beetle (11 Beetles total), to Vans (5 - 3 splitties, 2 bay window), Rabbits (3),Karmen Ghia (1), Jettas (5), Passats (2), Dasher (1), New Beetle (1),and Rabbit Pickups (3), most now gone but not forgotten.
demon
Cetane Booster

Post by demon »

I have one of these from my 84 TD Jetta sitting in my trunk. I'll have to pull it out and see what condition its in. I won't be using it. Converted to a free flow K&N with homemade cold air intake. Message me if you want it. Thanks, Matt