IP not woring properly

Technical questions and answers concerning all models of VW diesel vehicles.

Moderator: Fatmobile

mtran
Diesel Freak

Re: IP not woring properly

Post by mtran »

Bio can dilute crap in fuel sistem picked by years,so do Mark said about fuel solenoid,perhaps
than same disel flush and compresor air.
If IP is ok meh than look http://www.biofuelsforum.com/svo_users/ ... gunge.html
I`ll improve my English
Estdub
Glow Plug

Post by Estdub »

little update. got one of the pumps too spray fuel from dv-s but it isnt sucking any fuel from the tank ... checke the vane pump and it seemed fine...
Estdub
Glow Plug

Post by Estdub »

hey again

Today managed to sort the vane pump problem and got car started... it bearly runs and sounds like 1 or 2 cylinders are missing. Can this be because i started the car whitout the injector overflow tubes and air got into the injectors?
82vdub
Turbo Charger

Post by 82vdub »

If the injectors are missing the return lines, the fuel will siphon out of the IP and fuel system making for hard starts. Install these lines.

how long did you have it running for? It will run terrible for a bit until all injector lines fill up with fuel and all the cylinders start firing (if they do).

You can figure out which cylinder isn't firing by loosening an injector line and listening for any difference in engine running condition. The cylinders that don't have any difference are the one's in question. Be careful, the fuel injection system runs at very high PSI. If you get fuel injected under your skin, the only medical procedure to fix the area is to cut that area off from the rest of your body.

You may also have low compression in some cylinders, causing rings to stick or be stuck. If there's no funny noises and you can get the car going down the road, maybe run it for a bit. However, if the valves aren't adjusted properly (if it's a mechanical head), the valves may not be completely closing, allowing for the compression to never build up properly. You can add a can of Seafoam in the oil and see if that helps free things up.
Everybody else lists their cars here - but not me.

I have too many to count
Estdub
Glow Plug

Post by Estdub »

Changed the IP and the car started. smokes a lot, and the smoke is blue. One of the reason why it didnt start was that the timing belt pulley on the crankshaft end was broken and it could move, altering the timing. So eventually the valves and pistons had a meeting where they decided to get bent.... now looking for a new engine head. The original engine head seems to have one oil channel , does the engine head fit what has 2 oil channels or could i take the valves from the two channeled head and put them to the original head? i have no experience whit engine heads so help is welcomed

Ingmar