JamesW
Diesel Freak

FS. 82 Rabbit 4dr 1.6na

Post by JamesW »

*****SOLD********

Hey Folks,

I'm selling my 1982 rabbit. Its got 4drs, and the 1.6L diesel. 4spd

More Pictureshttp://www.flickr.com/photos/42276737@N03/

The body is in great condition, virtually no rust, except for some minor spots. No rot. Sunburst orange original paint in very good condition. Rubber seals aren't bad and keep water out. It would be great for a restoration. Tranny and clutch working fine. The engine has a leaking head gasket and low compression . It still runs, just doesn't like to start if its cold, and it smokes a bit.

The injection pump was rebuilt last year by ** a performance rebuilder of IP's**(IM me for details) with a Performance Regrind Cam and it ups the power of the NA about 35+ % in hp and torque. Thats about what the turbo produced. Seals are Viton and good to go with biodiesel and low sulfur fuel, pump has about 1k milies on it, bought last fall. Have receipt. Pump cost 750 CAD, ~$700 USD + Shipping to Canada and back ~$80.00 USD

Alternator, starter and New Napa Legend 75 battery replaced this spring 09. Glow plugs replaced less than 5k ago, Bosch Injector (rebuilt) replaced a about 4k miles ago.

Strut towers and fenders seems look great, no rust front or back.

Break booster upgraded to vein style

Replaced Recently to last year
struts and shocks
Oil Pressure sensors (Hi and Low)
CV's Axles
ball joints
polyurethane front bushing
rear break calipers
e-brake cable
K&N air filter
Several radiator hoses

The interior is a good condition, driver seat has a small tear in it, passenger side and rear are in good condition. Dash is cracked, doors are doing well, all handles work, e-break works, block heater works, dash lights/ speedo, power steering, headlights, thermo-controls all work (A/C does not really work). Only three sets of hub caps and beauty rings, I moved one for the picture.

~180,000 mi
$ 2,000 negotiable. Willing to sell pump separately.

Thanks
James
Last edited by JamesW on Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:30 pm, edited 7 times in total.
82 1.6 NA rabbit
odie
Cetane Booster

Post by odie »

just a running diesel engine is worth a grand in my opinion. assuming the low compression is just from the head gasket and the head is not cracked/warpped or rings/valves shot.

a clean body is also key. especially if you are in a rust zone.

why don't you do the head gasket? you can probably get a couple large for it.

it sounds about the same as mine i sold about 2-3 years ago for $1500. but that was before gas prices went crazy.

other issue is the first TDIs have started coming down on the used market. So i think the days of premium old rabbit diesel prices are nearing the end.

Now if you got a VW truck/caddy or Isuzu pup...well, there is still no newer diesel option.

but i'd say ask 2K and see what happens
1981 VW Caddy with 85 diesel Jetta motor
1987 MB 300TDT diesel
1983 D50 Ram 2.3TD diesel
1985 Isuzu Pup 223 diesel
1983 RV 6.2 TD diesel
1983 Maxima diesel (sold) :-(
JamesW
Diesel Freak

Post by JamesW »

I thought long and hard about working on the engine, but I just don't have time. I bought a 2003 TDI Jetta Wagen a few weeks ago.

The body is in great condition, one of the reason I picked it up (the rabbit).

The body is a good condition the new* Injection Pump was rebuilt by Giles. New* an about a year old and with less than 5k on it.

I hope someone can give it a good home and bring this little rabbit back to life.
82 1.6 NA rabbit
JamesW
Diesel Freak

Post by JamesW »

**post updated**
82 1.6 NA rabbit
bscutt
Turbo Charger

Post by bscutt »

Looks very good, makes mine look a bit shoddy. Wish I had room in the corral for another one, but I actually have to downsize. Good luck!
Bob

'06 Jetta TDI
'82 Rabbit 1.6NA
Honda, 99 GMC Suburban, '41 Chevy Coupe
JamesW
Diesel Freak

Re: FS. 82 Rabbit 4dr 1.6na

Post by JamesW »

Sold***
82 1.6 NA rabbit
groundfighter1
Glow Plug

Re: FS. 82 Rabbit 4dr 1.6na

Post by groundfighter1 »

Where did you.... or where can you get the "performance regrind cam" ? or did you have it done specifically for that car?
Thanks.