1.6 head 107a pump misc

Cars and Parts
Please list location (city, state) of merchandise in thread title

Moderator: Fatmobile

CarlosA
Turbo Charger

1.6 head 107a pump misc

Post by CarlosA »

I am entertaining the idea of selling my "spare" head, pump, and some other parts. My car is running good now. I hope I won`t need these in the future but I also don`t really want them sitting around. Shipping is no problem on anything.

1.6 12mm head:
Freshly lapped, valves adjusted with new shims, new stem seals, laser straight surface
I scored a spare head and reconditioned it, then installed it. After I pulled this head I did the same and stored it. Used all proper tools and inspected everything.

107A pump. I have run this pump during troubleshooting but don`t really know much more about the condition. I am willing to install it again and get the measurements to see if its a yellow dot or not, etc. Very clean exterior and ran just fine. No leaks. I have a hunch that it was rebuilt before I got it.

I have some other things - set of fuel lines, filter flange, extra banjos. A broken down spare 107AG pump that I bought in this shape for parts for my 108K. Parting this one out. Valve shims.

I have a full set of Jetta seats from a 1982 Jetta. They are in ok condition but not flawless. All tan. I was going to swap the covers over to my seats but ended up finding some brown seats that match my setup.

And i`m thinking about selling my alloy wheels, and sticking with the steel wheels that i`m currently running.

Will post up some pics soon, this is just a feeler to see if anyone is interested!
Last edited by CarlosA on Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
CarlosA
Turbo Charger

Re: 1.6 head 107a pump misc

Post by CarlosA »

Here is a pic of the wheels:

the man 53
Turbo Charger

Post by the man 53 »

Is the said head mechanical or hydro, I am assuming it is mech since you said shimmed recently? If it is mech what kind of mileage is on it? I would love to see a pic.
If it is everything I want, I would let you keep the valves and shims if you wanted them, and offer 225.00 shipped. I won't use the valves you have so they are of no use to me, if you don't want them I still offer 225.00 shipped.
CarlosA
Turbo Charger

Post by CarlosA »

Editing this message, I wrote some info earlier that was not accurate.

Yes sorry when I woke up today I realized I didn't mention that it is mechanical.

I found some info from the PO that this head has about 100k on it after he bought it remanufactured from this site possibly.

There is one small scratch on the mating surface between 2 & 3. It was there when I removed the head and shows on the head gasket. The cracks between valves are the smallest i`ve ever seen.

I`ll clean it up some more but here are some pics.

CarlosA
Turbo Charger

Post by CarlosA »

The pump and some of the spare pump parts have been sold. The wheels are pending!
the man 53
Turbo Charger

Post by the man 53 »

I take it 225 was too little? I am interested in what you would take for the head as I am weighing my options now.
CarlosA
Turbo Charger

Post by CarlosA »

the man 53 wrote:I take it 225 was too little? I am interested in what you would take for the head as I am weighing my options now.
Maybe the PM I sent you didn't go through. I`m interested if you are interested. ;)

Shipping on my end is going to be pretty high but I can make it happen.

Email me at carlos@featuredcars.com if you like.
the man 53
Turbo Charger

Post by the man 53 »

2nd pm went through.
I didn't get the first. I will think more about it, but I should buy it no problem just give me time as I bought some stuff since I posted this.
CarlosA
Turbo Charger

Post by CarlosA »

the man 53 wrote:2nd pm went through.
I didn't get the first. I will think more about it, but I should buy it no problem just give me time as I bought some stuff since I posted this.
Ok keep me posted. I'll do the same if someone local wants it.
CarlosA
Turbo Charger

Post by CarlosA »

Pump and cylinder head are both now sold.

If anyone needs any small pump or head or interior spare parts, clips, washers, etc just let me know, i`ve sent out plenty of small things for free.
the man 53
Turbo Charger

Post by the man 53 »

Getting closer to having the coin. Just wondering, do the precups measure 30mm or 32mm from what you can see on the head? Also are the precups completely flat or do they have a check intent in them? I will hopefully let you know soon.
the man 53
Turbo Charger

Post by the man 53 »

anything? also, I wouldn't want it if the cam caps are not correct.