Couple rabbit questions

Technical questions and answers concerning all models of VW diesel vehicles.

Moderator: Fatmobile

medwardl
Cetane Booster

Couple rabbit questions

Post by medwardl »

Just a couple general rabbit questions as I still don't own one yet.

First one is, is there a rebuild kit or service that can rebuild the injector pump to handle today's diesel blend without adding oil to the fuel?

Second is what happened to the rabbit saga guy I haven't visited the site in quite a while and I don't see it.
vwtyp133
Turbo Charger

Re: Couple rabbit questions

Post by vwtyp133 »

1) Yes. There are genuine Bosch seal kits. Any competent Bosch diesel service center should be able to handle the rebuild (not inexpensively, however), replacinging any partsas needed. First suggestion for a good stock rebuild would be to contact Jack Ewald, who actually owns this forum! See http://www.vwdieselparts.com/parts.htm Nice array of parts, tools & services, eh!

2) Unfortunately, the earthly saga of hagar, the resident "hillbilly tuner", ended early last August. Thankfully this forum still preserves all 180 pages of his remarkable wit & wisdom at viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4868 R.I.P. hagar!

Best wishes with your Rabbit diesel.
J.R.
SoCal
medwardl
Cetane Booster

Post by medwardl »

That's too bad about Hagar he was a great guy.
fj40dave
Cetane Booster

Post by fj40dave »

Jack Ewald would be the guy to give the IP what it needs!

Wish I had gone to him for my rebuild - he's very reasonably priced and very helpful.
Mk1Ultra
Glow Plug

Post by Mk1Ultra »

1. If you just want to re-seal the pump, it's pretty easy. Rebuilding it is a bit harder (I've done both) I can't say I'd recommend trying to rebuild one unless you have a spare (just in case). Either way, make darn sure you match-mark absolutely EVERYTHING when you tear down a pump. EVERYTHING!!! Seal kits can be had for the 20-30 dollar range. As far as seals go, spring for the Viton...needed for Bio fuels. :wink:

2. I just heard the news about Hagar a couple days ago, I knew it was coming but I wasn't quite prepared. The internet isn't the same without him. RIP, Hagar.
1984 Rabbit L 1.6NA Diesel, 5-speed swap, 2.25" Techtonics exhaust. I am captain slow ;)

Visit my Mk1 Rabbit Mod and How-to page:
http://mk1ultra.com