FS 90 Jetta Diesel

Cars and Parts
Please list location (city, state) of merchandise in thread title

Moderator: Fatmobile

coke

FS 90 Jetta Diesel

Post by coke »

FS, 1990 Jetta Diesel, 1.6 NA, 5 spd, mileage is somewhere between 230k and 400k. PO said omometer was swapped and true mileage was 238k but I don't know.

The floor pans, strut towers, all solid. Some nasty rust on the trunk, bubbling on the hood. Not pretty but it is certainly functional and goes great. Have new set of boge sachs gas charged struts for it, and new febi ball joints if the price is right.

I have pictures which I will provide upon request, and possibly post here later. I gotta dig them out. Its in Machias Maine. It would be quite a haul for most of the forum goers, but its driveable. I use it daily.

I'm replacing with an 04 Jetta GLS 1.8T. I know, but, its a nice car and its in good shape, and I'm in love and diesel's don't get me going any more. No TDIs in my price range either. So, I'm looking for $1200 cash, as is where is. It is currently inspected in Maine, until February of 2013, has a new manual steering rack, inner and outer tie rods, tie rod boots. The exhaust will need some attention at some point, the section going over the rear axle and out the back is kinda rotten, but its not noisy. It'd be a good ride for someone if you wana invest a little time in it, its certainly solid and a good going vehicle.

Oh yeah, the radio doesn't work and the antenna is broke. Minor details.
libbybapa
Turbo Charger

Re: FS 90 Jetta Diesel

Post by libbybapa »

coke wrote:It is currently inspected in Maine, until February of 2012
That was two months ago.