Add oil squirters to 1.6 na?

Upgrades to the 1.5, 1.6 and 1.9 engines that make them go farther or faster
airborne
Glow Plug

Add oil squirters to 1.6 na?

Post by airborne »

Anyone ever added oil squirters to a 1.6 na block. We are rebuilding a 1.6 na, going to use turbo pistons. thought adding the oil squirters would be good if we ever went with a turbo.

Thanks and have a GREAT day
the man 53
Turbo Charger

Re: Add oil squirters to 1.6 na?

Post by the man 53 »

It has been done, certain blocks already have the flat machined in and all you need to do is drill the correct hole size and at the correct angle. IIRC it was 15 degrees, but I am guessing, I have no clue. Measure a real TD engine and you will know for sure.
Fatmobile
Global Moderator

Post by Fatmobile »

I think there was a post about this over on the GTD forum: vwdiesel.net
'91 Golf gasser converted to a 12mm pump, M-TDI.
'84 1.6TD Rabbit with a VNT-15 turbo, still setup to run on vegetable oil.
'84 GTI with 1.7TD pistons and intercooled.
2003 TDI wagon
2000 TDI Jetta.
vwtyp133
Turbo Charger

Post by vwtyp133 »

I cheated... had a shop do them on my new n.a. block - wasn't even going to turbo it at the time, just wanted longevity. They said no problem, but then again , they were mostly building total screaming VW gassers for racing & had quite a few factory squirter blocks to serve as models. Sorry, IDK their installed angle. The shop also handled n.a. piston notching & balancing the whole thing to race specs. We agreed that a diesel needs anything you can give to make it run more smoothly.

Now, I just have to find the time to do the headwork, thermal coatings, fab an A2W intercooler, assemble/install it! How come projects took so much less time before marriage & family intervened? Duh... ! :roll:
J.R.
SoCal