2006 Jetta bad MAF symptoms

This forum is for TDI (Turbo Direct Injection) questions/posts. Non-TDI Motors (Including the 1.6, and 1.9 or other variant turbo diesel motors) should go in the VW Diesel General Forum

Moderator: Fatmobile

WillieMalay
Glow Plug

2006 Jetta bad MAF symptoms

Post by WillieMalay »

Just posting this to help others. I have had A4 TDIs and when the MAF went bad in them it seemed gradual and not all that bad. Just a little shudder at idle. With the '06 A5 BRM Jetta, mine went all of a sudden. Rough idle and shuddering at any engine speed. Vag Com(or whatever it's called now :) ) showed fault code of MAF problems. Will order one and post once it's in place and running. Any good places to order from that are reasonable for a good MAF?
WillieMalay
Glow Plug

Re: 2006 Jetta bad MAF symptoms

Post by WillieMalay »

Ordered from id Parts. $179. Bosch.
surfcam
Turbo Charger

Post by surfcam »

I was just wonder how long your MAF has lasted. I think I've read that some people were using mercedes MAF because it last longer. I'm driving the first generation TDI probably a different animal.
99 TDI Jetta (Z1 engine code)
94 Grand Caravan
89 Dodge Gold Stream B class
http://www.antiquedollhouseofpatterns.ca/
WillieMalay
Glow Plug

Post by WillieMalay »

115,000 miles A5 Jetta. Turned out that not only the MAF was bad but the Dual Mass Flywheel(DMF) went also, contributing a lot to the "shudder" :). $%&%$ DMF!!
surfcam
Turbo Charger

Post by surfcam »

A friend of mine had a dual mass flywheel go on this 03 Dodge Cummins truck. He has able to get the clutch parts off a old truck I think a 98 before the dual mass and solve the problem. Don't know if you could do that with VW but it might be worth looking into because a new one probably will fail as well.
99 TDI Jetta (Z1 engine code)
94 Grand Caravan
89 Dodge Gold Stream B class
http://www.antiquedollhouseofpatterns.ca/