Still flyin' high...

Technical questions and answers concerning all models of VW diesel vehicles.

Moderator: Fatmobile

the vegenator
Turbo Charger

Still flyin' high...

Post by the vegenator »

Haven't been on here in a while, but guess that could be considered a good thing? It's been almost two years since I finished rebuilding my 1.6D and, even though I've only put 17,000 miles on it since then, I can happily report that she's been truckin' along just fine. Just made it back to Philly from Assateague Island, where we camped amongst wild horses:

Drove there and back (300 miles) on WVO. Other than needing new exhaust, tires, and standard tune-up parts, I haven't had to mess with anything engine-related. It feels good to know that, two years after embarking and successfully finishing such an ambitious project (with the help of y'all) this thing still has the power and fuel economy it lacked for the previous 7 years.

I still want to get the A/C working (need condenser), it needs a new radiator fan (hasn't worked since I put everything back together), and I still dream about a new paint job and a dry interior/trunk (seriously, NOTHING I do prevents leaks!), but this 28 year old car is otherwise perfect.

Keep your fingers crossed that my trips to Indiana and Michigan are safe and problem-free!
- Mike Harpring

'85 VW Jetta NA Diesel/WVO
Fatmobile
Global Moderator

Re: Still flyin' high...

Post by Fatmobile »

Your MK2 jetta is probably a joy for you to take on a long trip.
My Rabbit is a little bumpy and noisey but the MK2 Golf TD is smoooth,.. and noisey, ha.
'91 Golf gasser converted to a 12mm pump, M-TDI.
'84 1.6TD Rabbit with a VNT-15 turbo, still setup to run on vegetable oil.
'84 GTI with 1.7TD pistons and intercooled.
2003 TDI wagon
2000 TDI Jetta.
buff8622
Glow Plug

Post by buff8622 »

Would you be able to help me with my 85 jetta?
82vdub
Turbo Charger

Post by 82vdub »

Is this directed at a specific individual, or a general question? If it's a general question, please start a new thread (after searching and reading to see if the topic has been covered before).
Everybody else lists their cars here - but not me.

I have too many to count