AAZ valve cover seal ???

Technical questions and answers concerning all models of VW diesel vehicles.

Moderator: Fatmobile

dubdoc
Diesel Freak

AAZ valve cover seal ???

Post by dubdoc »

Does anyone have a good way to seal the valve cover on an AAZ?? This has got to be the worst cover design of all time.
DC Stewart
Milford Station
Nova Scotia, Canada
CoolAirVw
Turbo Charger

Re: AAZ valve cover seal ???

Post by CoolAirVw »

Just recently worked on one. The problem with mine was there was one seal missing that on the stud under the VC. Then the 3 top rubber seals were missing, and the 3 cupped washers were missing.

So to make it seal you need a good gasket along the outside, 3 rubber stud seals under the VC, 3 rubber stud seals on top of the VC, 3 cupped washers on top of the rubber seals, and nuts with built in washers. There are also some neat little cosmetic covers that go on top of the nuts if the nuts are the correct ones.

If the VC was bent like maybe due to one of the underside seals missing, then you may need new one.

I could probably get part numbers for this stuff if you needed them. email me if you need them. coolairvw@aol.com
Richard
85 Jetta TD
ASE Certified Master Auto-Technician with L1 Advanced Engine Diagnostic Rating and Light Diesel certification
ATRA Certified in Rebuilding, Diagnosing & Installing Transmissions

My Threads---> <a href="viewtopic.php?t=6255&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0" target="_blank">Rusty Floor Repair </a> ---- <a href="viewtopic.php?t=4923&highlight=" target="_blank">Oil Pressure Warning</a>----<a href="viewtopic.php?t=6632" target="_blank">Uploading Pictures</a>----<a href="http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php? ... t&p=730755" target="_blank">My Porsche 914</a>
surfcam
Turbo Charger

Re: AAZ valve cover seal ???

Post by surfcam »

Is this the same as the valve cover on the AHU/Z1. Mine is starting to leak a bit on the two centre studs.
99 TDI Jetta (Z1 engine code)
94 Grand Caravan
89 Dodge Gold Stream B class
http://www.antiquedollhouseofpatterns.ca/