MK1 Jetta won't start

Technical questions and answers concerning all models of VW diesel vehicles.

Moderator: Fatmobile

82vdub
Turbo Charger

Re: MK1 Jetta won't start

Post by 82vdub »

Make sure you get Bosch glow plugs, or the manufacturer that Jack, the owner of this forum sells. I forget their name. I got Autolite's a few years back and by the time fall came that year, they were shot.
Everybody else lists their cars here - but not me.

I have too many to count
mammonista
Glow Plug

Post by mammonista »

now you tell me! :(
surfcam
Turbo Charger

Post by surfcam »

Well I'm very disappointed I thought you might be my neighbor. It would be a good idea to put your location in your sign in. Location does matter as far as the climate goes, rust belt, and parts.
Anyway I learned something from you. I have never heard of a AFN. So I looked it up on Wikipedia. It looks like they were in Audi's and Jetta's. It doesn't really say which Countries they are found in. With a few more horses and torque that maybe the ticket for my heavy T4.
The Z1 and AHU are identical except for the weaker pistons the Z1 has. I believe you can turn a Z1 into a AHU just by swapping out the pistons. I think the Z1 is a little bit earlier engine. Found in the 1996 Passat and continuing on a little bit. Why it's in my 99 who knows. Most people are supprised that the Z1 is in my 99. The only good glow plugs are the Duraterms with hologram sticks on them that may prove that they're not fake.
99 TDI Jetta (Z1 engine code)
94 Grand Caravan
89 Dodge Gold Stream B class
http://www.antiquedollhouseofpatterns.ca/
82vdub
Turbo Charger

Post by 82vdub »

surfcam wrote:The only good glow plugs are the Duraterms with hologram sticks on them that may prove that they're not fake.
I remember this from a few years ago. I did research on it and it was isolated to, if I remember right, Africa. It wasn't anywhere close to the US.
Everybody else lists their cars here - but not me.

I have too many to count