valve cover breather 2 port

Cars and Parts
Please list location (city, state) of merchandise in thread title

Moderator: Fatmobile

bullet
Glow Plug

valve cover breather 2 port

Post by bullet »

just got my '84 rabbit 1.6d and I've been reading a lot for making conversions and addressing some of the issues I've come across in the 2 weeks I've had the beast. Received my vane style vacuum pump and now looking for the oem valve cover breather with 2 ports (im assuming more common on g60 models and other) I've found a few that seem that they will like but I do enjoy that the vw one looks like it's a deeper reservoir and seems like it'll catch more oil to drop back in the crank vs just passing it through to the intake manifold. didn't know if anyone had an extra or knew where to find one. OR if the one I have found will actually work http://www.ebay.com/itm/VW-Volkswagen-P ... 722wt_1362 I only chose the entire setup because my lines from the valve cover to intake are dry rotted anyway. Let me know what you think. I have high hopes for her so I hope I can get this addressed quickly so I can start earning back the investment in gas. Thanks in advance. And sorry about the run on sentences... At work and just trying to get the info out as quick as possible.
84 Rabbit L diesel - 1.6 n/a
14 Passat TDI SEL
Fatmobile
Global Moderator

Re: valve cover breather 2 port

Post by Fatmobile »

The one you linked to has 3 ports and is from a MK3, with a 2.0 engine.
That's what I use on my TDs.
3/4" silicone heater hose from the block, same to the preturbo intake and one plugs into the valve cover.
Soo I have an extra 2-port CCV seperator.
'91 Golf gasser converted to a 12mm pump, M-TDI.
'84 1.6TD Rabbit with a VNT-15 turbo, still setup to run on vegetable oil.
'84 GTI with 1.7TD pistons and intercooled.
2003 TDI wagon
2000 TDI Jetta.
bullet
Glow Plug

Post by bullet »

Sorry. When I say 2 port I mean 2 aside from the port going to the valve cover... I got a new vacuum pump that 86's the motor overflow (not sure of all technical terms quite yet) so I was looking (after reading a lot) for a pcv valve that can accept that line as well as the line going to the intake manifold. So essentially 3. 1 to intake, 1 to valve cover, and one from engine. I'm sure I'll need to get the correct grommet to my valve cover. So after looking at it again I'll just get the pcv valve and correct grommet for 1.6d and then purchase hoses locally...? Unless your 2 port is 2 aside from the valve cover port itself?
84 Rabbit L diesel - 1.6 n/a
14 Passat TDI SEL
82vdub
Turbo Charger

Post by 82vdub »

If your block has a blank plate on it, you can simply drill and tap the plate and install a threaded barb type fitting that you can connect a hose onto. For the breather hose interconnection, you can simply get a "T" and some hose and fabricate your own hose setup.

Everybody else lists their cars here - but not me.

I have too many to count