FS: 2 86 Jetta's

Cars and Parts
Please list location (city, state) of merchandise in thread title

Moderator: Fatmobile

82vdub
Turbo Charger

FS: 2 86 Jetta's

Post by 82vdub »

I am looking to sell my two 1986 Jetta’s as described below. Asking $800 for the pair. Cars are located in Green Bay, WI

Blue 86 Jetta 2 door: This car is diesel, 5 speed, non AC car and hasn’t been run for approximately 5 years. It is heavily rusted and was used by me for about 5 winters as my winter car. I only stopped driving this car because the seat started going through the floorboards, after they were fixed a few years before. The odometer shows 171K miles, but it didn’t always work the years I ran it. It should be considered a parts car, or a donor car for another project. All glass is good. Trans suffers from the typical 5th gear whine, but it was dependable to drive about 150 miles one way before it started to slip out of gear. Will not sell parts off this car (don't have the time). Grill is inside the car.

Gold 86 Jetta 4 door: This car I bought out of Peoria, IL about 5 years back to replace the blue one. It’s a 1.8L gas, 5 speed and the car is the deluxe model with the gold interior, AC, and functioning openable moon roof. I’ve used this car as my winter car. It runs well, AC does not work (never tried to charge it as it was used for winter only), has maybe 33% tread left on the tires and was reliable transportation. I would not consider this car as one that you can cross the country in it, but it is extremely reliable. I never drove it more than about 125 miles in one direction, as I believe that the trans would start to slip out of 5th gear, but it never did, and the trans hasn't slipped out of gear for me either. I don't have any good thoughts about these old 020 5 speed transmissions, so I am leary with them. This winter, it broke a brake line, and it has 100% new brake line from the master to the rear drums. Front brake line looked good, so that was left. The car doesn't have that much rust on it, but it sits for the summers and the moisture gets to those small things. I fixed the missing heater foam and the diverter valves work well and the car gives good heat. Only downside is that sometimes the starter will turn really slow sometimes when cranking, but the car has always started. Odometer shows 251K miles, but this always didn’t work either. Only item that I know will need some attention is the fuel injection system will need new injection lines and head end unit. It works and runs great, but with the amount of rust on the fittings and injector lines, they are going to need to be changed before they start leaking. Rear door panels have typical Mk2 water damage on the bottom and are currently not installed. They are in the trunk of the car and I tried to find replacements, but had no luck. Headliner has been missing from the car since I owned it.

Any questions PM me or call me at 9two0 three 6 zero 04two1

Everybody else lists their cars here - but not me.

I have too many to count
KevinS
Glow Plug

Re: FS: 2 86 Jetta's

Post by KevinS »

Still for sale ?