Want to buy: Air cleaner housing ?1986 Jetta Non turbo 068129607D

Cars and Parts
Please list location (city, state) of merchandise in thread title

Moderator: Fatmobile

diesel freak
Diesel Freak

Re: Want to buy: Air cleaner housing ?1986 Jetta Non turbo 068129607D

Post by diesel freak »

Will be going to the post office to find a box and ask how much shipping cost will be. Just want to clarify that I do not have the bottom of the air box, just the cover,elbow and wheel well attachment. Will also be looking for the 4th clip, was shocked to see the clips for sale at $9 dollars each plus shipping. Hope I can find it for you or maybe another member would have a spare clip. Send me your E-mail address and I can send you a picture of what I have. I have lots of spare MK2 Diesel parts that are just taking up space. Oh and by the way I can throw in a new reusable air filter since I have 2 and I just wash mine out occasionally. Could you use a set of motor mounts for free? I replaced mine that had 20K thinking it would reduce my rattle but the new ones are just as bad so I must have been barking up the wrong tree.
diesel freak
Diesel Freak

Re: Want to buy: Air cleaner housing ?1986 Jetta Non turbo 068129607D

Post by diesel freak »

I found the 4th clip but I noticed that there should be an insulated rubber hose with a 11" diameter that fits on th 90 degree elbow to the wheel well attachment. My hose is pretty rotten but there seems to be a metal flex tubing under the rubber insulation. I am sure you could make something work in its place.