The Forum is back

Look here for important forum announcements/news.
colby
Site Administrator

The Forum is back

Post by colby »

First, let me say I apologize it took so long to bring this place back up. I have a very busy and hectic "real life" and in reality, I could've done this months ago if I put my mind to it. Its a lot of work because the forum was running custom modifications that I no longer had access to, so it requires manually pruning the database of all traces of those addons.

Second, everything is in its place, and working, as far as I can tell. All old posts are preserved, and this is a clear snapshot of exactly where the forum was when taken down.

Last, Jack has retired his business and moved. Before he did this, I told him I would keep a copy of the forum and possibly host it elsewhere. It is currently residing on one of my virtual servers, and will remain there for the foreseeable future. Because of this, there are not any restrictions on vendors, parts websites, or anything that previously was prohibited because it competed with Jack's business.

I do not require funds to pay for the hosting. I have used the same server for 5 years for other projects and will continue to do so, and the forum can quietly reside in the background using literally no resources whatsoever. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to message/email me through the board.

Colby
sgnimj96
Turbo Charger

Re: The Forum is back

Post by sgnimj96 »

"A hero is someone who has given his or her life [time and effort] to something bigger than oneself." -- Joseph Campbell

Thank you for your servers.
81' Scirocco 1.6D (conversion)
86 Golf 1.6D
85' 300TD
Nevadan
Cetane Booster

Re: The Forum is back

Post by Nevadan »

Thanks for doing this!
There's so much IDI data on here!!
There may not be a lot of traffic here but it is a valuable resource.
1985 Jetta 1.6 TD
1981 Caddy (getting a 1.6TD)
1987 Quantum Syncro Wagon, converted to 2.0 TD August 2020
1986 Passat TDI
2006 Touareg V10 TDI
1996 CHevy 6.5 TD