Old guy Old Rabbit---both Happy.

Technical questions and answers concerning all models of VW diesel vehicles.

Moderator: Fatmobile

Harry
Turbo Charger

How much is 60cc?

Post by Harry »

In terms of Ounces or grams how much is 60cc of ParoWax? I don't have scales or lab. equiptment. Thank you. This is a very interesting and helpful thread. Harry
surfcam
Turbo Charger

Post by surfcam »

To convert grams to ounces just multiply ounces by .035. So 60cc X .035 = 2.1 ounces.

4BTA 3.9 Cummins Stepvan
86TD Golf
91TD Jetta
Quantum-man
Turbo Charger

Post by Quantum-man »

Wax is about .9 of water at a guess so 60cc is about 53grams or about 2 oz
"I'm not here to help... I'm here to Pro-Volke"

Be like meeee...Drive a Quantum TD
...The best work-horse after the cart...

Quantae grow on you...but Rabbits are like roses...
... girls like em ;o)

Only one Darwin, Einstein, Poe and Verne.
That is why if you listen, you will learn:
From the one and only Quantum-man,
Who sees the worms from outside of the can.

7 Quantae in 20 years; 4 dead and 3 TD's still alive [2 wagons & 1 fastback] oh and a GTD :o)
Harry
Turbo Charger

Post by Harry »

S-cam and Q-man thanks. Had forgotten about specific gravity factor in the conversion process from cc to ounces. Harry
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

hagar started fooling around with fuels in may 1945 --(experimenting) ---all that
Wehrmacht fuel was there for the taking. --Diesel ,Aircraft Gasoline and so on. ---BUT
the fuel that really turned me on ? ---nice clean burning CO --yes "CO" Carbon
Monoxide.

But we deal with Rabbits --EH--? 1977 to 1884 --- SO ? does hagar know the
absolutely best feed ? --read me lips ---YES.
And here is the formulation---yes it is costly ---very. . In " Hogwarts " we would
say what do we get when mixing ParoWax and Higly refined Kerosene --like used in Danmark
for cooking and Lighting ?-----This time hagars hand was up first ---and Professor
Quill ---agreed.

Will Miss.Bunny Bondo ---get the concoction in November 2006 ? ---yes.
Maximum WAX according to temperature.----Yesterday I got the Shell.Oil Specks for 15PPM
Diesel sold in Kanada----not happy reading.---here are some highlights about the
concoction--(hagars): NO sulfur to worry about --NO Ash to worry about --NO
lubrication to worry about --NO cetane number to worry about---NO moisture to worry
about (the siemens number) --NO particles to worry about ---NO microbes to worry
about. --NO seal and Orings to worry about ---and it gets better ----that for some other
day --the SUN is about to hit the monitor AGAIN.---it just did. ---so hagar is headed
for the Kitchen -Laboratory.

hagar.
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

the rain started here yesterday ----so a lot of TESTING of 15 PPM fuel took place.

Can a Rabbit lover learn how to drive happily forever after ? --yes. ---BUT read my lips ---a lot of skill is involved so ---start reading. ---(like hagar).

hagar.

PS : NO not Haggard.
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

What was 2006 like for ---Miss. Bunny Bondo ? ---and hagar ? ---- Miss.Bondo did a lot
better than hagar.

BUT --FUN it was. ----lots and lots of skylarking ---hagar calls it --TESTING and
TUNING ----why not ? 120 in ECO mode ? ---very exciting---by the way signs around here
say 80 MAX.

It was a dry year -----now ? --we are wet again. ---.....

Shell ULSDF ---Product Code 320-110 --- Viscosity at 40 degree C --- as low
as 130 cSt. 120 AV oil ? about 353 cSt at 40 C -- I shall look up German
Diesel from 1977. and post it. ----Maybe my mixing chart will work ? ---EH ?.

hagar.
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

Mark Shepherd UK --I was hoping that you would catch my CLERICAL error.

15 PPM ---is NOT 130 cSt.-----it is 1.30 --yes less than two.-----is that "Twiggy" stuff or what ?---- a good batch may be 4.10. ----way way to skinny for Miss.Bunny Bondo.

Do I test all the seals in 15PPM ? ---yes I see problems ahead. -- BUT I am still soaking a brand new main shaft seal and all the BOSCH black and red O rings.

hagar.
jackfrost1031
Cetane Booster

Post by jackfrost1031 »

pardon my stupidity,

are you saying with a value of 1.30 it will not have enough viscosity thus increasing the need for parowax?
88 Fox

Diesel Fox - Motor Stripped
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

Viscosity ? EH ? ---real snake in the snow pile--EH ? ----If you are NEW to VW Diesels
Rabbits ? ---the first real problem ? ----she will not start --?---after 01 Nov 2006.

My advice ?---is to follow in the tracks of ---Miss. Bonny Bondo. ---oh yeah ? ---well
waste your time and money --then. ----hagar started to read --and will Miss.Bondo start
at 100 below ? ----yes.

For you ? start ---"START" --by reading Andrew in Flagstaff AZ --piece about
starting. ----IMHO a bloody good "START".

So ? --how did hagar the Horrible get so good at it ? -- he has a most read
list----on the Internet. ----- Loren,James Hansen ,Sandy Cameron ,Val Christian,----and a
lot more.

James Hansen in Kanada is the Coolest guy in town ---Koolest ? -EH? -----40 Below for
day's on end ? ---is normal ? ---how do you top that ? -EH ?. ---if James calls a Taxi
---call in sick and go back to bed.

hagar.

PS : But make a jumper from 400 Amp Parrot beaks and # 4 superflex welding cable. ----

about 15PPM ? --get yourselves a squeeze bulb like the one used on Outboards.---we will have to PRIME the pumps ---mine was OMC ----about 20 dollars Kanadian --and worth a lot more. ---Just think TOWTRUCK ? --eh .? EH ?.
Last edited by hagar on Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

----WOW ---Jack Frost ? EH ---with a name like that ? ---perfect timing say I.

On hagars post ? --there is NO such thing as a question TOO STUPID --- mind you I think of it as IGNORANT ---and if anyone reads this post ? ---nah not stupid --so you are off the hook.

And yes ParoWax is affecting --dynamic advance of injection point ---due to increase in VISCOSITY.

BUT read ALL Andrew in Flagstaff AZ--- --in this FORUM ---he is top of the line.

Can hagar remember when HE was IGNORANT ? ---eh with some pains. --BUT my Mentors were --tolerant,patient,considerate and down right magnificent.

hagar .

PS : remember FUN must be had.----and read my lips --hagar has as much fun as anybody --with these little cuties.
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

If you got this far ? ---EH -? --then you know that hagar is a DIESEL fanatic (nutcase) ----

Miss.Bunny Bondo wants to go downtown ? --and it is 100 below outside ? --is she going ? --if hagar is out of Beer she goes.

Here is partly how. ---I carry TWO keys ---one for Ignition one for driver side door. ----She will idle just fine in the Malls empty parking lot.-?EH ? ---only left behind cars there.

At " Hogwarts " ------Professor . Diesel told us NEVER to use Ether starting fluid in intake ---add it to fuel --for the Pump. ----SO ? I remember those flyboy experiments --go see your local Model Aircraft club guys.---I had a real Mc.Coy --micro diesel. ---those guys know more about what works --than anyone I can think of. -----Castor Oil and Ether ? ---jep ---but will Ether and 15 ppm fuel do the same ? ---it sure will.----I mix it in a thermos in the FREEZER----must be COLD or ether evaporates.----Now we do not have 100 below here at 101---so I have no way of proving it. ------but I took my apprenticeship in Sandy Cameron and James Hansen land at 42 below ---for days on end.----try and start a gasser ---not a slam dunk --BUT a Rabbit diesel -? --- that takes REAL skill.---and LOTS of it.
Next test in hagars Kitchen -Laboratory ? Viscosity of ParoWax at 100 degrees C. ---- one thing for sure it will be better than 15 ppm --at 40 C. ---.

hagar.
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

Well fellas --the plot thickens (sickens?) ---while the 15 ppm fuels get thinner.

Hagar is about to do a comparison ---100 % ParoWax and 100% Shell oil 15 ppm diesel fuel.----at 100 degrees C. ----Why 100 C ? --Viscosity testing is very slow for ParoWax at 40 C.--EH ? ----you bet.

Today 95 F in the city of LOST Angels --? Kalifornia ---my advice ? do like hagar would ---give her an extra measure of WAX.

We ( the Rabbit DIY gang) has solved every problem with Rabbits -- SO ? --well we have to learn to live with 15 ppm --"Twiggy" fuel. ---leaky seals anyone ? --EH ? ---Miss.Bunny Bondo was on 15 ppm since 15 oct 2006. ---and she has lost prime twice . ----No problem for hagar ---but some of you NEWBIES --you will have to learn. ----WORST of all places for a leak ? ---cold start stub shaft. ----to fix ? --simple when you know HOW.

hagar.
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

I was reading Dan's archives this morning ---and what I read about NEW fuel standards ? --like 15 ppm in Kanada ? ---a lot of those guys got a lot to learn.

Lubrication of Rabbit pumps ? ---Apple Pie --NO Problemo. ----Getting the I P internal pressure right is PITA ----can we do it ? ---YES we can.

By increasing VISCOSITY and adjusting pumps. ---a bit of each will do. ---- hagar has NO problems doing it ---SO ? it can be done.

The snake in the snow-pile is the combination of a WORN (or marginal) I P and "Twiggy" fuel.

I have every instrument know to mankind --available ----BUT --I am here to help those who have not.
Minimum instrument ? a pressure gauge ---0 to 150 PSI. ---yes due to "Twiggy" fuel ?---that is my standard. ---BUT remember ? EH ? --this is HOW hagar did it. ---My dumpster gauge is 0 to 160 --1.5 inch Amerikan diameter.( off an old Foxboro Valve ? ) it marked cylinder bottom.---works great.

Dealing with problems is part of the FUN -?--EH ? if not forget it.

hagar.

PS : internal I P pressure not ok ? --your Rabbit will NEVER join Miss.Bunny Bondo in endless smileage land.---quote me any time.
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

If hagar had to tell a newbie --what this newfangled 15 ppm diesel fuel is like ? ---let me give it a try EH ? ---like 2% milk like 0.5% Beer---like eh I could go on for a day or more.

NO bloody good for RABBITS .---as sold.

hagar.

PS : is it good fuel for some DIESELS ? --yes it is.