Cars and Parts
Please list location (city, state) of merchandise in thread title

Moderator: Fatmobile

purvisgs
Glow Plug

(3) Ip's 1.9, 1.6 TD trade for early 1.9 IP or reseal WA /BC

Post by purvisgs »

Hi,

I have a 1.9TD AAZ IP from a 94 that is leaking. It is the "LDA" vent, so a relatively minor leak that requires removing the head of the pump. Ideally I would like all the seals replaced in the pump though.

I also have (extras), hopefully to trade:
-1.9TD AAZ IP from 97, used, working condition, "timing gear" off - NOTE- this IP will not fit easily on the older style 1.9AAZ engine bracket/ timing cover, hence looking to trade
-1.6 TD IP running but not well, from friends car, replaced rather than looking into it, assume it may need rebuild, just use as parts, OR possibly easy fix, it may be gummed up due to bad batch of (polymerized) biodiesel.
-1.6 NA unknown pulled from junkyard a few years back, I will throw in if you want it

Here is what I am interested in:

-I would trade my late style used 1.9TD IP for a used earlier style 1.9TD IP

-Trade all three of my extra pumps for a reseal and light performance upgrades to my IP. Actually not really interested in performance like most would be, just "light performance" and anything that could potentially give better economy.

-Trade just the working used later style 1.9td IP (or the 1.6td+) for simple reseal job to my 94 1.9td IP

I could bring to/ meet in greater Vancouver area (ideally EARLY next week) or meet you in Seattle. I live N of Seattle.

I could also ship if you cover "fair" - depending upon the deal- portion of the shipping cost.

I know this might not make sense for a shop to do this kind of work on trade, but for the right person, I feel something along these lines could be a very fair deal.

email: purvisgs (at) yahoo dot com

thanks
Last edited by purvisgs on Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
81caddyGuy
Diesel Freak

Post by 81caddyGuy »

how soon are you looking to do this trade swap? I have resealed 13 vw Bosch VE style pumps including my own so I may be able to work something out with you.
'81 caddy NA 1.6L all original w/317,000 miles. SOLD. now i drive a 35th anniversary camaro... OHH thats what horse power feels like.. LOL
UB3RATL4Sf00
Diesel Freak

Post by UB3RATL4Sf00 »

What are you looking for the 1.6l TD pump?
purvisgs
Glow Plug

Post by purvisgs »

Sooner would be better, but timeline could be quite flexible if necessary

Thanks. Please send email if interested
81caddyGuy
Diesel Freak

tuning

Post by 81caddyGuy »

Are you capable of tuning the pump when you install it? To do a complete reseal you have to re calibrate the max fuel settings and it can be close but not right on without the car to dial it in. the only other issue is the main shaft bushings. if they are wore the new ones are installed then reamed to match the shaft i have a local shop do this for me. also I am in jacksonville flordia is that to far for you?
'81 caddy NA 1.6L all original w/317,000 miles. SOLD. now i drive a 35th anniversary camaro... OHH thats what horse power feels like.. LOL