vanagon convert to diesel

Moderator: Fatmobile

john.m

vanagon convert to diesel

Post by john.m »

could any one please tell me where the coolant hose connected to the housing on the rear of the cyl head has to hook up to.I have a91 van with a 1.6td that i have convertad from agas,any help would be appreciated THANX ,JOHN :?
Gary

Vanagon diesel

Post by Gary »

NO idea as to your question. Sorry! I have the same conversion project in mind. I have an '87 Jetta turbo diesel motor. Is that what you used? Do you keep the Vanagon tranny or use the one from the diesel motor? Did you buy any kits to get this done? Any info is apprciated. Thanks in advance.
Gary.
john m

91 gas to 1.6td convert

Post by john m »

hello gary,my van was an auto 2.1 and i have switched over to a4 speed gas tranny,i had put the hose conection question out there to see if i could save myself some time in figureing it out,over the weekend i re hosed the engine my own way and everything is working as it should.gary,for some reason this is not the simplest conversion to do,i had purchesd the engine mounts & tubes from a diesel van again to save me a lot of time fabricating but when i bolted the trans & pass side mount in the van the engine was offset 2in from center,i ended up refabricating all 3 mounts.Gary if you would like to learn how to save some time and know how this combo performs you can email me at jonnymmd@earthlink.net,or call me on 630533 1126.
Gary

gas to TD

Post by Gary »

Thanks John that's very nice of you. Will do
Gary.
bisc9270
Glow Plug

coolant hose

Post by bisc9270 »

It connects to the hose that goes to the heater core.