Cars and Parts
Please list location (city, state) of merchandise in thread title

Moderator: Fatmobile

Quantum TD
Turbo Charger

FS: 1.6 TD CY code block, or complete rebuildable motor

Post by Quantum TD »

SOLD!
Last edited by Quantum TD on Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UB3RATL4Sf00
Diesel Freak

Re: FS: 1.6 TD CY code block, or complete rebuildable motor

Post by UB3RATL4Sf00 »

Quantum TD wrote:So, I've got a 1982 CY block for sale. It came out of a 1982 Quantum that was a running motor until shortly before I bought the car. Turns out the head was warped. The PO just kept adding water instead of pulling the head.

The block came out of a southern car (Mississippi), and it's clean. It spins fine, and the bores look good. There is a ridge of course, but you might be able to get away with a hone instead of a full bore. I have no way to measure the bore, so I can't say (that, and I don't want to pull the pistons to check the lower end of the bore). I was gonig to put in some good German rings and see what happens. I had good luck with Goetze rings on a block in worse shape. The ridge on this one is not as bad as the last block I re-ringed.

This is for just the shortblock: block, crank, pistons, rods, rings, bearings, intermediate shaft, nose pulley, and an NA oil pan. Nothing else is included.

$200 OBO

As an option, I can include a straight NA head and all the other components to make this a complete 1.6TD motor. This would include a good K14 turbo (triangular flange off a 1.9TD AAZ), intake, oil pan lines, etc.

Offers welcome.
Where in the south?
Quantum TD
Turbo Charger

Post by Quantum TD »

Sorry about that. I'm in Nashville, TN. I can ship if necessary.