Green light flickering

Technical questions and answers concerning all models of VW diesel vehicles.

Moderator: Fatmobile

PSVW
Glow Plug

Post by PSVW »

Thanks for all the effort keep you updated
1991 golf 1.6l GL German Spec
1986 f250 6.9l navstar
Tennessean in Germany
PSVW
Glow Plug

Post by PSVW »

Here is an update , drove car to the Black Forest and France Sunday,(got 600Kilos on a half tank of fuel which is amazing I love this little sucker) stopped for WC break and was walking towards front of car and the drivers side headlight was illuminated , car off lights off ,key out of ignition. well had the wifee stand in front ran through all switches could not get it to go out ,still had key out of ignition, fired Pixie up light went out and green light was lit on cluster. acted as normal whole way home with several stops, drove with a few stops today can not repeat right up, it was Halloween?
1991 golf 1.6l GL German Spec
1986 f250 6.9l navstar
Tennessean in Germany
Quantum-man
Turbo Charger

Post by Quantum-man »

PSVW wrote:Here is an update , drove car to the Black Forest and France Sunday,(got 600Kilos on a half tank of fuel which is amazing I love this little sucker) stopped for WC break and was walking towards front of car and the drivers side headlight was illuminated , car off lights off ,key out of ignition. well had the wifee stand in front ran through all switches could not get it to go out ,still had key out of ignition, fired Pixie up light went out and green light was lit on cluster. acted as normal whole way home with several stops, drove with a few stops today can not repeat right up, it was Halloween?
NOTE
With lights off, ignition key out, making like you are indicating to go either left or right will light up your left or right front and back lights. This enables parking in an unlit street with roadside lit only, which helps to conserve battery....
EDIT:
That would be a good use for that LED of yours to warn of accidental leaving of lights. I have spare LED's so I might just make that circuit up :idea:
"I'm not here to help... I'm here to Pro-Volke"

Be like meeee...Drive a Quantum TD
...The best work-horse after the cart...

Quantae grow on you...but Rabbits are like roses...
... girls like em ;o)

Only one Darwin, Einstein, Poe and Verne.
That is why if you listen, you will learn:
From the one and only Quantum-man,
Who sees the worms from outside of the can.

7 Quantae in 20 years; 4 dead and 3 TD's still alive [2 wagons & 1 fastback] oh and a GTD :o)