The Diesel Secret

Anything related to biodiesel/biofuels, questions, answers, technical information for all VW Diesel Engines should go here.

Moderator: Fatmobile

bc
Turbo Charger

The Diesel Secret

Post by bc »

Has anyone ever this product called "Diesel Secret?"
'83 diesel vanagon
'85 diesel Jetta
'86 diesel Golf
1984george
Cetane Booster

Post by 1984george »

I would not use that stuff.. it's been concluded as junk.

Best thing to do is modify the vehicle with a two tank system or do biodiesel.

I'm very happy with my newly converted 2003 Jetta TDI. Greasecar system professionally installed by me (www.greasecar.com).

It runs wonderfully and if you do it right, it will not effect the longevity of your motor or fuel system. It could even make the fuel system last longer as vegetable oil has superior lubricity over diesel fuel.
Daren
2003 Jetta TDI, 100k miles
Greasecar Kit
bc
Turbo Charger

diesel secret

Post by bc »

Have you tried just a mix of diesel and wvo? I'd love to simply do that instead of processing bio or doing the two tank system.
'83 diesel vanagon
'85 diesel Jetta
'86 diesel Golf
1984george
Cetane Booster

Post by 1984george »

Yeah a lot of people are blending. It really depends on the climate you're in how much wvo you can add to your diesel.

I wouldn't blend with my system, but I used to a little bit on my older benz and rabbit.

my car now is too expensive and that's why i go with the two tank system that only runs 100 percent wvo when the engine is at operating temperature and the fuel is heated. i always start and stop on diesel.

in the area i'm in a lot of people are doing that with older mercedes, blending up to 50/50 mix.

If your van is just an experimental vehicle I'd try it but if it's something you really value, consider going with good biodiesel or a two tank system.
vegetable oil creates natural polymers with steel parts and it will eventually cause that buildup in the injection system and in steel fuel tanks. Start out with a small percentage and see how it runs, maybe?

i'm no expert by any means though, good luck and have fun, that's what it's all about!
Daren
2003 Jetta TDI, 100k miles
Greasecar Kit
bc
Turbo Charger

wvo

Post by bc »

That's kind of whar I've heard around the block too. I just got to watch my blend being in colder climates. Hopefully running Stanadyne in the fuel system occasionally will help keep it clean too.
'83 diesel vanagon
'85 diesel Jetta
'86 diesel Golf
Michael
Cetane Booster

Blending WVO 89% Gasoline20%

Post by Michael »

I've been running this blend and am wondering if there's something I might not be knowing about it. I did just rebuild two pumps and they were pretty dirty inside.
I've been heating the oil except during Summer, centrifuging with my converted Acme juicer, straining through a 2 micron sock filter (mine air filter) and then blending with regular unleaded, just to get the mass/volume correct - trying to emulate the viscousity of diesel (S.G. .85g/cm). Just something I came up with and tried and read that others were trying a similar blend.
Does anybody know if I'm doing anything that could hurt my vehicle?
I just rebuilt my engine and am about to rebuild a pump to put on it. Redoing some injectors tonight - after gift wrapping, of course.
Thanks for some insight.
Michael, Seattle