FS: 1.6TD motor in Nashville, TN

Cars and Parts
Please list location (city, state) of merchandise in thread title

Moderator: Fatmobile

Quantum TD
Turbo Charger

FS: 1.6TD motor in Nashville, TN

Post by Quantum TD »

Up for sale is a complete 1.6TD (Turbo Diesel) motor out of a 1986 Jetta. This came out of a car with approx. 110,000 miles. I'm not sure if the odometer was correct however. It's been in dry storage for the past 7 years, and I turn it over periodically to keep it free.

Anyways, here is some pertinent information:
-Hydraulic Lifter and block
-Complete Garrett T3 turbo with oil lines, intake and exhaust manifolds.
-Absolutely complete motor (minus alternator, but I may have one).
-Intake hose included too.

This motor was running when removed, but may need to have some mechanical issues addressed: It may be low on compression, I'll be testing that in the coming days. I would also imagine that the injection pump may need a rebuild. Regardless of how you store them, these pumps tend to leak diesel fuel when exposed to the new ULSD. I'm guessing that this one will start leaking when exposed to the new fuel mandated in 2004. You may also want to have the injectors tested too while you're at it.

Other than that, it should be good to go. The turbo spins freely and had virtually no play in it. It came out of a southern car, so it's not all rusty like most of these motors you find.

If you're planning a full conversion of a MK2 car, I could help out with other parts too: fuel lines, exhaust, wiring harness. I've collected some parts over the years.

This motor is set up for transverse mounting, like is found on most MK1, MK2 and MK3 cars. You could swap some brackets and make this fit just about any of the following:

1975-1998 4-cylinder Jetta, Golf, Rabbit, Pickup, Scirocco, Cabriolet, Convertible, etc. For MK1 models, you will need to use a different injection-pump bracket and a downpipe to clear the shift linkage

With some other parts (oil pan, oil pump, bell-housing, exhaust manifold, etc), you could fit this into any of the following longitudinal-mounted motor cars:
Vanagon, Westfalia, Dasher, Quantum, Passat, Fox, etc

SOLD!