SECOND rabbit turbo diesel GL FOUND in Kansas City area

This is a place for us to share progress on and upgrades to our vw diesels.

Moderator: Fatmobile

tadleyjane
Glow Plug

SECOND rabbit turbo diesel GL FOUND in Kansas City area

Post by tadleyjane »

I have been away for a long time folks. Sorry I missed Hagar's passing. At one time i cast some wax carrots (childs mold) to "feed" his bunny. I think we all share his pioneering spirit in one way or another.

Car was advertised recently on KC craigslist. It is sadly wrecked beyond reasonable repair but has a running original turbo diesel in it!!! I honestly informed the guy what he had as a rarity and he graciously sold it to me for his asking price of $650 even though he had gotten calls offering $1000.

Dan was a great guy to deal with and with other obligations i have not even unloaded it from the trailer! The motor will be swapped into a really clean 82 2dr. Over the last 7 years i have been snagging up nearly every 1.6 i can find and now have a rabbit hutch of 12 diesels- mostly donors but a few runners.

I am now making biodiesel and having fun.

I will have to open a tab with Jack soon!
coke

Re: SECOND rabbit turbo diesel GL FOUND in Kansas City area

Post by coke »

Jack would appreciate it. He doesn't get much business generated via the forum, most of his business is in commercial accounts now.
Diesel Dean
Turbo Charger

Post by Diesel Dean »

I sold a silver 81 Rabbit to a guy in KC about two years ago it had a rebuilt 1.6 turbo diesel engine. He flew into Grand rapids mich. and drove it home to KC. I had converted it to round head lights. Wasn't silver was it?
1981 VW Diesel truck / 1984 Rabbit car welded together
tadleyjane
Glow Plug

Post by tadleyjane »

Nope. Blue. Square headlights.