2009 Jetta TDI DSG Auto

This forum is for TDI (Turbo Direct Injection) questions/posts. Non-TDI Motors (Including the 1.6, and 1.9 or other variant turbo diesel motors) should go in the VW Diesel General Forum

Moderator: Fatmobile

woza
Glow Plug

2009 Jetta TDI DSG Auto

Post by woza »

My Wife has a 2009 Jetta TDI auto (DSG) and the High pressure pump went into self distruct mode. VW USA replaced all the fuel lines,filters,injectors but they did not change the cam belt or the fuel tank. I did ask them why and they said it would not be a problem. I don't believe them because to my mind the high pressure pump is driven by the cam belt and fuel is returned to the tank. The car has 47K miles on the clock. The internet is full of this issue but VW USA don't want to do a recall. I foget the guys name but he also had the same problem and the local VW agents wanted to hit him with a $10K bill which he fought and won. So all you clean diesel owners get to your local VW branch and get your motor checked out. You don't want this pump to kill your engine on the hi-way. A disaster waiting to happen
Warrington PA
02 Jetta TDI Stick shift
09 Jetta TDI Auto (Wife's wheels )
1968 Series IIA 109 LWB 3 door Diesel Land Rover(still working on this one
1969 Series IIA 88 SWB 3 door SW Gas at this time
JRM
Turbo Charger

Re: 2009 Jetta TDI DSG Auto

Post by JRM »

lots of talk about this over at tdiclub, Just use b5 or B10 bio diesel and your HPFP will be happy as the bio helps keep it lubricated. Its been discussed that the dry s15 diesel is what causes them to freeze up and destroy themselves.
90' Toyota X cab 4x4
02' Honda civic
85' VW Golf Diesel Project
95' dodge 12v cummins
13' VW Passat TDI DSG