eBay find: 1980 Dasher

Post by the vegenator »

- Mike Harpring

'85 VW Jetta NA Diesel/WVO
texcl
Turbo Charger

Re: eBay find: 1980 Dasher

Post by texcl »

Yeah, I sold this car a couple times and the buyers would tell me they didn't have the money at the last minute, so I finally lowered the price to $1400 and sold it locally(really quickly). Fixed the oil leak to boot. It was a good deal for the buyer and I bet the car has another 100,000 miles in her easy without much work (I did it all LOL). I upgraded to a new subaru forester for our farm deliveries and a diesel TDI beetle for my work commuting (47mpg it comfort not bad!) I sure am going to miss the dasher though. My daughters wont, they were so embarrised by it that they would walk 2 blocks for me to pick them up from school, got lots of good comments on the car though from those who are educated.
1980 Dasher 1.5l
texcl
Turbo Charger

Re: eBay find: 1980 Dasher

Post by texcl »

Well, the guy who put the deposit on the dasher over 2 weeks ago hasn't come up with the rest of the money, so I gave him until saterday to get me the money. At this point I doubt he will come up with it. So if any of you are interested I will sell it to who ever shows up with the $1400 first. I have learned my lesson about holding vehicles for people. Although at this rate I will have a free car in witheld deposits in no time, LOL.
1980 Dasher 1.5l