Need help? I'm here.

This forum is for TDI (Turbo Direct Injection) questions/posts. Non-TDI Motors (Including the 1.6, and 1.9 or other variant turbo diesel motors) should go in the VW Diesel General Forum

Moderator: Fatmobile

Redneck truck
Glow Plug

Need help? I'm here.

Post by Redneck truck »

Hello all,

I am new on here and would like to introduce myself. I spend a lot of time maintaining, repairing, diagnosing, and modifying my many TDIs and would like to help other people out with their TDI problems. I've got a shop's worth of tools, spare parts, and literature from my 4 years of tinkering with these cars, so if you are in the Dallas area, I would love to help you out. Happy wrenching!

Bryan
Fatmobile
Global Moderator

Re: Need help? I'm here.

Post by Fatmobile »

Thanks for joining the forum.
I don't know much about hows TDIs work and can't help much with problems they have.
This site mostly helps people get there old 1.6IDI running and keep it running...
it isn't famous for it's TDI help/info.

Maybe that will change.
'91 Golf gasser converted to a 12mm pump, M-TDI.
'84 1.6TD Rabbit with a VNT-15 turbo, still setup to run on vegetable oil.
'84 GTI with 1.7TD pistons and intercooled.
2003 TDI wagon
2000 TDI Jetta.
Redneck truck
Glow Plug

Re: Need help? I'm here.

Post by Redneck truck »

I noticed! I stumbled upon this site looking for an exploded diagram of a VE pump. I'm so used to hearing "send it to get rebuilt" on the club that I went looking for a source of actual information rather than advice. I am not an expert by any means, especially on non-VE pump engines, but I'm happy to help out.