Need Rabbit Steel Wheels

Cars and Parts
Please list location (city, state) of merchandise in thread title

Moderator: Fatmobile

82vdub
Turbo Charger

Need Rabbit Steel Wheels

Post by 82vdub »

I believe I need a couple steel wheels for my Rabbit to eliminate a shimmy. I've found out over the years that there are at least two different width wheels for these vehicles, or different offset - can't quite recollect at the moment. I tried to get some wheels at a yard years ago, and they were the narrower style, or had less of an offset. I should be able to tell the difference from pictures. Ole 82 is an LX model, and those came with the full hubcaps on them, not the dog dish small style (if this helps identify how the wheels are different). Does anyone within an approximate 200-250 mile radius of Green Bay, WI (54303) have any of these wheels for sale that aren't bent? Key word is that they run straight and true. I'd love a set of the aluminum Rabbit wheels, if anyone has those for reasonable $. Let me know what you have.
Everybody else lists their cars here - but not me.

I have too many to count
Josh
Turbo Charger

Re: Need Rabbit Steel Wheels

Post by Josh »

Hey, man! Hope all's well!

I talked to Sig of Sig's Auto Repair on Highway 13 north of the Dells in Adams/Friendship last week just after having seen your post here. I was asking him about something else, but I remembered having just scanned this page and read your post. He said he's probably got some wheels that'd be from a rabbit or a jetta or golf, etc, be they steel and or alloy of some sort. I didn't remember exactly what you were looking for and your priorities, but I'm sure if you give him a call he'll be able to let you know what he's got. If you've never been by there he's a long time VW mechanic with an absolutely amazing catalog of a memory for VW stuff, not to mention all sorts of other things. And most all of the fleet he runs for friends and family are diesel vw's. He's good people.

1 (608) 547-1777

He's a one man operation so you might not catch him on the phone right away, but he always gets back to me within a day.

-Josh
-'79 rabbit, getting parted out
-'82 quantum wagon, gutting.
-'84 rehabbed quantum TD sedan, southern rustless beauty for sale
-'82 cherry Westy from AZ
-more all the time; are they breeding?