Newbie here, IP problem

Technical questions and answers concerning all models of VW diesel vehicles.

Moderator: Fatmobile

nmrwr85
Cetane Booster

Re: Newbie here, IP problem

Post by nmrwr85 »

I if that's true for mine, that will be nice. I also have an o2o 4k transmission that helps the car feel more peppy. The only issue was 5th gear with a .91 gear. I just picked up, or will pick up a transmission when I get home, with a .76 fifth gear to help with highway driving.
nmrwr85
Cetane Booster

Post by nmrwr85 »

Well I finally had some time to work on the car, I got my gear puller in and was able to remove the old pump and install the new one. I got it running after about 3 tries cranking it. I'm happy with the pump I got from here and now it's time to enjoy it.
bscutt
Turbo Charger

Post by bscutt »

glad to hear that. I just drove my 82 for the first time in a while since the snow and crappy weather has kept if off the road for about 3 weeks (plus temps near zero). This used to be my year around commuter until I discovered the extent of the salt damage last year and spent nine weeks repairing the floor and undercarriage (see my thread in Projects from last June-August or so). I still love driving this car and hope the weather lightens up now so I can stop driving the F150 at 13 mpg.

Enjoy yours!
Bob

'06 Jetta TDI
'82 Rabbit 1.6NA
Honda, 99 GMC Suburban, '41 Chevy Coupe