Cars and Parts
Please list location (city, state) of merchandise in thread title

Moderator: Fatmobile

avocado
Turbo Charger

Tired 1.6TD Engine and New-ish Radiators + Fans

Post by avocado »

Well Volks,

I've finally given up on my project to convert my 1971 VW Bus to a TD.

Long story short: I got close to getting it working, but a combination of factors - not the least of which being the fact I was using a tired engine - has made me throw in the towel.

Anyone need a tired 1.6 TD from an '84 Jetta? Compression is on the margins, Oil pressure is on the margins, IP works, Oil pump and injectors are new, and it needs a new head gasket. Priced to sell to anyone on this forum (core price is $250, so maybe a little bit higher? Or not...), and I can probably deliver if it's somewhere between Pittsburgh PA and Washington DC (although you might have to chip in for gas).

I also have 2 or 3 working VW radiators, one of which is new, a stock fan, and a Scirocco aftermarket fan from Summit.

My loss is your gain. :D

Let me know if you're interested...and thanks for all your gracious help over the last few years! I may pick up the project again sometime in the future - I'm saving the mounts and such - but I can't handle it now.

Best,
Tom
Currently working on shoehorning a 1.6 TD out of a 1984 Jetta into a 1971 VW Camper (Hardtop)

"Huppity Hup! Rev! Rev! GO GO GO GO!"
dleesel
Cetane Booster

Re: Tired 1.6TD Engine and New-ish Radiators + Fans

Post by dleesel »

I'm interested in a radiator.

I have an 85 golf 1.6l n/a with ac. I believe this requires a 26.75" core. Please let me know if you have one. Thanks.
My name Lee and I has a Golf. An 85 1.6L N/A Golf.
avocado
Turbo Charger

Post by avocado »

dleesel wrote:I'm interested in a radiator.

I have an 85 golf 1.6l n/a with ac. I believe this requires a 26.75" core. Please let me know if you have one. Thanks.
I'll check the size and PM you this weekend...
Currently working on shoehorning a 1.6 TD out of a 1984 Jetta into a 1971 VW Camper (Hardtop)

iv111
Glow Plug

Post by iv111 »

Would you ship the engine?
82 Vanagon 1.6D
avocado
Turbo Charger

Post by avocado »

dleesel wrote:I'm interested in a radiator.

I finally got around to checking, and it looks like I have a smaller core than than: it's around ~24" (depending on where you measure from). I have another core in the garage that I'll try to check next week when I'm over the cold I'm battling.

I'll keep you posted.

dleesel
Cetane Booster

Post by dleesel »

avocado wrote:24" (depending on where you measure from)
I believe you measure straight across, from side rail to side rail. But I could be very wrong, can anyone else chime in?
My name Lee and I has a Golf. An 85 1.6L N/A Golf.