1982 Jetta GTD coupe $3500 OBO

Cars and Parts
Please list location (city, state) of merchandise in thread title

Moderator: Fatmobile

dieseltdi
Glow Plug

1982 Jetta GTD coupe $3500 OBO

Post by dieseltdi »

NEW PRICE!!!! MAKE ME AN OFFER. I am offering my 82 Jetta coupe with a 93 Jetta GTD engine (80 hp at 4500 rpms instead of the us versions 70 hp). This engine is intercooled, and has a water cooled turbo. I have done so much on this car in the last 3 years that I have a hard time remembering it all but here are just a few of the things that I have done:
front and rear suspension - front strut assemblies from 85 Cabriolet plus Scirocco 16V front torsion bar and a front frame tie bar, rear Scirocco 16V spring/shock assemblies with stock Jetta rear torsion bar, heavy duty (stiff) springs on all four corners
Brakes new from front to rear including new master cylinder and Scirocco 16V rear discs
radiator has been replaced (still have the original)
starter
Corrado front seats with multiple adjustments
ARP head studs
TECTONICS downpipe and 2.25 exhaust system
High flow GTD injectors plus the injection pump was rebuilt and juiced by Giles in Canada to increase power and can handle at least 15 psi of boost.
CE1 gauge cluster modification with diesel tachometer (odometer currently not working, I have a replacement)
Full set of gauges: water temp, oil temp, oil pressure, boost and EGT (current EGT gauge is wonky and doesn't always work, I have a VDO replacement that will need to be installed)
4 brand new(end of February first of March) Firestone Affinity tires mounted on teardrop rims.
AC works but only on fan speed 3 or 4, I suspect the clutch but it will cool the car down right nice on those settings
Volvo oil sandwich adaptor with 2 pass oil cooler - needs a better cooler and a permanent installation
Auxiliary cooling fan for the AC and one for the intercooler
Auxiliary 10 gallon fuel tank mounted in the spare tire well.
Extra large CCA battery mounted in the trunk
90 amp alternator
And lots of extra parts
Just tons of stuff.

BAD?
driver's window is partially off the lift track
doors need to be aligned with the door pins (they occasionally bounce instead of latch and are sometimes a bit hard to open)
some rust, previous owner did some "repairs" with screws and pop rivets especially on the passenger side rear fender. The repair hides nicely under the black fender trim piece.
needs new speedo - included
Needs new front motor mount at least.
Head weeps a bit of oil because I didn't replace the old head gasket when I put in the ARP studs but I have a new heavy duty "metal" head gasket that will be included.
DESPERATELY needs a paint job.

This car is pretty fast for a diesel and is really fun to drive

If you are interested drop me a line. Asking price is very negotiable but I am not in a huge hurry to take the first offer. If you like more pictures send me an email address and I will send them to you asap. If you would like to call 817 seven nine 1 2 four 4 zero. I am in Dallas/Ft. Worth Texas and would be willing to meet someone within a couple of hundred miles with the car if you are willing to pay for the tow dolly. Thanks, Hayden
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Proud owner of:
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ecodiesel
1982 Jetta Coupe with Euro GTD engine and badging - FOR SALE
2015 Jetta TDI SE
Fully restored 1968 VW beetle
And many, many, many VWs; from a 1947 Beetle (11 Beetles total), to Vans (5 - 3 splitties, 2 bay window), Rabbits (3),Karmen Ghia (1), Jettas (5), Passats (2), Dasher (1), New Beetle (1),and Rabbit Pickups (3), most now gone but not forgotten.