Anyone ‘here’ have experience with Han Auto Parts

Technical questions and answers concerning all models of VW diesel vehicles.

Moderator: Fatmobile

1RED-RYDER1
Cetane Booster

Anyone ‘here’ have experience with Han Auto Parts

Post by 1RED-RYDER1 »

I have a Bosch VE pump that I want rebuilt and ‘on the shelf’
Are they reputable?

BTW….what are you paying for a rebuild?

I understand a rebuild is possible ‘in my shop’, not sure I want to attempt that project at this time.

Thanx Red
81 diesel caddy
93 volvo 240
68 triumph T120R
69 bsa A65L
sgnimj96
Turbo Charger

Re: Anyone ‘here’ have experience with Han Auto Parts

Post by sgnimj96 »

They've been selling diesel pumps and pump parts (which is really cool) for a long time now.
Some regulars on the bigger forums HATE that guy (Pete) for reasons 10+ years ago that may
or may not have been valid. Mostly they hate him because of the lower prices.

I really like HansAuto because he uses VW part numbers and stocks way more parts than most
because he is dedicated to mainly vw watercooled. Searching by part number often reveals more items than
expected. Also great for cross-referencing.
https://www.hansautoparts.com/1985-1992golf.aspx
Parts like these? https://www.hansautoparts.com/Search.p ... oom_and=1
Good luck elsewhere

I've had very few issues, but when I did he quickly made it good. I'm not running a business so it was no big
deal being delayed. Just trying to keep my cool vw's working without throwing tons of money into it.
81' Scirocco 1.6D (conversion)
86 Golf 1.6D
85' 300TD
Fatmobile
Global Moderator

Post by Fatmobile »

I've heard of a couple people having problems with a pump they got from him.
He probably made it right with them though.
'91 Golf gasser converted to a 12mm pump, M-TDI.
'84 1.6TD Rabbit with a VNT-15 turbo, still setup to run on vegetable oil.
'84 GTI with 1.7TD pistons and intercooled.
2003 TDI wagon
2000 TDI Jetta.
sgnimj96
Turbo Charger

Post by sgnimj96 »

This is a little offroad, but just saw this
https://orlando.craigslist.org/pts/d/wi ... 90210.html
I like the idea of not having to give a core. Even non-working cores are getting expensinve on ebay
86 Golf 1.6D
85' 300TD
1RED-RYDER1
Cetane Booster

Post by 1RED-RYDER1 »

I bought the 30 year-on-the-shelf Injection Pumps….went to southern Michigan Bosch ‘Factory’ service shop….They proudly informed me….$250 EACH to set them on their on their test fixture to ‘prove them’, they would remove the top casting, 4-bolts, the throttle lever and fuel-out, and the throttle bracket….Only would be removed. No repair or replacement effort or service. Seemed to me a bit excessive expense.

So I posted my request for the forums experience.

Thanks for the advice on Hans Auto Parts!

NOW….another aspect of this predicament I find myself in….one of the IP’s has a broken threaded casting under the IP throttle bracket….

I didn’t L@@K carefully at this IP when I bought it….drove home 200 miles home….found the damage-I informed the seller, he offer my purchase price or he’d send me another IP…. I advised him I’d keep that offer ‘in mind’ as I tried my solution, first.

At this point I tried to send pictures….I need to either re-size or educate myself in ‘Drag and Drop’ procedure….

Anyway….i straightened the throttle bracket, then I removed the top casting screw above the area where Bosch stamps the identification numbers….Created a bracket to fit under the screw that secured the top casting….-(it secures the throttle arm and the banjo bolt toy Fuel-out)-

Yep, Another HillBilly with Tools and a MigWelder….

Unfortunately this is the explanation….sorry but I gotta learn how to create the attachments/pictures….hopefully you will stay with me….til I am able to bring you….the rest of the story…,

Steve/Parts Place quoted me $575 plus core for a re-built IP….

Florida Craigslist IP is a good price….-(Southern Michigan Bosch qouted as much as $900+ for a re-build depending necessary replacement parts….I read that “We Want To Crawl InTo
Your Pocket”!
ALSO we rebuild IP’s for Parts Place….didn’t play my trump-card, “and Parts Place sells re-built IP’s for $575 plus core”
“Should have responded with…I will spend my Shekels somewhere else, Thank You Very Much….in the 60’s that was Mucho Grab Ass!!!!). BTW this place is in the rougher side Mexican Village of Detroit! Won’t give their name….but they have

Betcha think Hagar was loooong-winded,

Thanx Red

Thanx Red
81 diesel caddy
93 volvo 240
68 triumph T120R
69 bsa A65L
sgnimj96
Turbo Charger

Post by sgnimj96 »

I wouldn't pay a lot of money unless there was a full disassembly.
A lot of crap can build up inside the pump body and settle to the bottom to the advance piston.
Nevertheless, most people just have a seal leaking that instigates pump removal for repair
and several of those seals can be replaced without a full disassembly of the pump
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7j_WzAivrU

On my first pump, which still ran, I had the common leak of the large o-ring, Decided to do a governor mod while I had it out.
When I pulled the lid off I saw all the rust trash in the pump and, after the fact, did a full rebuild.
Upon disassembly it was unbelievable how much trash was in that pump. Must of had water in it at one time.
You never know. With good fuel, even an old pump can still be clean inside but if any rust or gunk forms in there -
it has no where to go.

This is why I say
I wouldn't pay a lot of money unless there was a full disassembly.
Although they don't see as many of them these days, the bosch VE pump is a walk in the park for an diesel injection shop to rebuild.
86 Golf 1.6D
85' 300TD