Old guy Old Rabbit---both Happy.

Technical questions and answers concerning all models of VW diesel vehicles.

Moderator: Fatmobile

hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SAGA : for you newbies . ever wondered why a 1.5L is not ? it is 1.471 Litre EH ? well let me tell you ALL.

Insane Eropa taxation. yes I know I was there.. . .Had the cc's been 1.5 1 Litre Tax would be way higher..

What about Xmas for all you Girls and Guys ? ,yes I wish you all the best. (a lot better than hagar's) (painful illness) .

Highligt here was a trip to the Shinglemill restaurant . Sigrid ,Lenora and Lars took me there..It was super..

Like I said if you are a friend ? You have friends. EH ?

hagar.
Last edited by hagar on Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SAGA : well this is the end of 2010 the worst year in the life of hagar, (sorry) NO I am not giving up just yet.

Only bright spot or spots ? the forums Lenora and Sigrid. and slowbirds. .

I am told I belong in a home .you know which EH ? sitting there waiting to die ? no way I want to die removing a cylinder head or something.

Problem ? cancer and PAIN . Mayo clinic would not take me , because I wanted to pay CASH. ?

hagar.
vwtyp133
Turbo Charger

Post by vwtyp133 »

Hagar... I'm sure "they" are well-meaning, but that's a tough suggestion for a person who's as active & vital as yourself. There certainly are a number of cancer-focused centers in BC. http://www.bccancer.bc.ca/default.htm as well as http://www.cancure.org/directory_clinic ... e%20US.htm

There are also a number of alternatives to be accessed online, but I have no specific personal knowledge of any of them. An interesting one is the "Life One" approach http://www.lifeone.org/cancer-truth.html

And you've probably already read book(s) by Dr. Burton Goldberg http://www.burtongoldberg.com/ I've heard that a good one is his Alternative Medicine Definitive Guide to Cancer. Goldberg obviously thinks highly of Dr. Abram Hoffer's work, right there on Vancouver Island. Contact info:
Abram Hoffer, M.D.
2727 Quadra, Suite 3
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada V8 4E5.
Tel: 250 386 8756.

Hagar, I sure hope you can get some help with knocking it out, as well as relief from the pain. Will PM more info if I can find. Hang in there buddy.l
J.R.
SoCal
Michael
Cetane Booster

Killing Tumours without killing yourself?!

Post by Michael »

Way off the beaten path here, perhaps, though more to the point, about the cancer: A naturopathic physician or "alternative medical" doctor (an MD that's willing to try just about anything that works, studys up on those things and recommends "whatever works" that doesn't compromise his practice license) would need to assess you and work with you on this; can be dangerous.
I know of one thing that stops tumors and other sources of inflammation - deadly types and those that just cause pain; it's called starvation.
You may laugh and curse me, but I've read much about, and also practice myself, a dietary regimen that can starve tumours, does stop inflammation, and hasn't - so far - killed me: its traditional name is "ketogenic diet"; check it out on wikipedia.
It's also known as an "Atkin's diet", after the MD that popularized something he learned about in med school.
A good site for this is Panu.com, a non-commercial site by a doctor who conducts a forum just as VWDieselParts.com conducts this forum.
If you're to the point where you're getting pain, though, then it's fairly advanced.
Where is the cancer?
If it's prostate cancer, then there is a good treatment at the University of Washington Medical Center; uses a radioactive pellet inserted into the tissue. Good at killing the tumor and destroying the prostate, but hopefully saves your life.
Whatever the case, the LifeOne approach looks like a great anti-inflammatory treatment, at the very least, and probably couldn't hurt.
I'd say: take your cash to the States; Seattle's close and a world leader in this kind of work, depending on where/what type of cancer you have.
Keep your spirits up, but stay out of pain; that can ruin your day.
We're all concerned/praying/wishing you the best, etc.; we all love old geezers that show us the kind of attention we all wish we'd gotten from dear old dad; that's you man! - Sleep well!
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SAGA : vwtyp133 and Michael your post's were tremendous boost to my spirit. Thank you.

I had prostate operation by a cancer doctor in Comox . Michael is a medical person so I pay close attention. coke is this OK here ?.

We can remove it..

hagar.

PS : here is the diesel content. Ignorance is cureable. especially about diesels. .
Michael
Cetane Booster

Nothing more to say!

Post by Michael »

I've had my say; can't prescribe, just do what I'm told; wish you well.
coke

Post by coke »

hagar, this is _your_ thread and you can do whatever you want in it. If you want to have off-topic discussions thats fine by me.

You probably have the largest most resourceful thread on the forum, so you have earned the right.
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SAGA : These are hard times EH ? do you agree ? good then you
will be interested in what Olde hagar has to say..

Our culture or the lack thereof is based on "MOBILITY" .i.e. the Car..

As of 1985 the VW Diesel Rabbit (or Jetta) has the title of most
smileage per Mula .unit. .BUT wait there are competition..

"Who killed the Electric Car ?" (EV-1) I will do more writing about this issue.

hagar.
[b][/b]
Nevadan
Cetane Booster

Up to page 64 and still learning

Post by Nevadan »

Hi Hagar,

I was going to read the entire post before replying but just jumped to the end and now see what's going on with you. It's taken me about three weeks of late night reading to get to page 64!! I've cut and pasted into a Word Doc all that I feel is important to me and will organize it by topic/subject for my future use (or the forum's use). It's sad for me to hear about the condition you're in.

Your knowledge about life is great to hear and your knowledge about diesels is astounding. I like the way you share your information - "What I do", not "What to do". I've stolen alot of "What you do" and made it "What I do". Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

I'v had a 1985 Turbo Diesel Jetta Gl for three months that is operating good because of you. It was in pretty bad shape when I drove it from Oakland to Reno, but it made it. I have much more hillbilly tuning to do and will do so once I get to the end of the thread. I like to get the whole picture. And I like to keep my cars as close to "stock" as possible.

Have you ever seen the movie ""Waking Ned Devine"? There's a beautiful scene at the church about remembering a person that makes me think about you. Why wait until someone's gone to tell them how great they are, or what an ass they are. So I'll tell you now: If there were more people in the world like you it would be a much saner place to live. I hope you can watch the movie, you will laugh so hard you might pass out.

Wax, AV Oil, viscosity, advance mechanism, the "pressure pin", outboard motor pump, the ART of tuning, two keys, listening, the train station husband and wife, the marching Whermarct, and on and on and on. This is great stuff!! I can't wait to see what's between page 64 and 175!!

JD in Reno (That's James Dean)
1985 Jetta 1.6 TD
1981 Caddy (getting a 1.6TD)
1987 Quantum Syncro Wagon, converted to 2.0 TD August 2020
1986 Passat TDI
2006 Touareg V10 TDI
1996 CHevy 6.5 TD
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SAGA : Nevadan : I am deeply touched..

Val Christian (on Dan's) was stuck on the road between Rochester N.Y.
and Erie.. He phoned me on his Cell Phone SO? I spend time lining up help for him. As a respected member of the forum Val had lots of help . I was only the co-ordinator..
So you see , this forum is a valuable tool. . No matter where you are stuck. SO ? hang in there. Forums have saved me thousands of $ ..

I promised to explain my choice of best car (for family of say 4.) For maximum Smiles per Unit of Mula.. Why are VW so far ahead ? Production numbers . Lots of gasser parts fits Diesels. . Potentially an Electric car is best at certain locations..

I just tried to order a "Volt" 4 years ? I will be dead. Why does hagar want a Volt ? a TOY.. I was involved with the EV-1 .never got my test vehicle WHY I was stupid ,I told GM it would not work..I should have kept my yap shut..

I still have the GM technical folders..When all is said and done ? go DIESEL.

hagar.
MPalm
Turbo Charger

Post by MPalm »

Hi Hagar, I haven't written anything for a while but I'm glad you still keep on writing.

Forget the Volt, I think you should start saving for the new electric Golf instead:
http://green.autoblog.com/2010/11/11/vo ... ve-review/
Golf IV TDI -98 330000km
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Re: Old guy Old Rabbit---both Happy.

Post by hagar »

SAGA : MPalm nice to hear from you again.

hagar.
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Post by hagar »

SAGA :: Nevadan and ALL newbies :. Like I said on page # 1. if you get to page # 60 I predict you will become a Master "Hillbilly-TUNER" (it has to do with PERSEVERANCE ) .

Nevadan will make it. IMHO.

Note : In this context Hillbilly does not mean Bailing wire and Duct-tape. . It is highly sophisticated.. It is a product of BOSCH and two forums Oldies the best.

Quantum man will you explain why I was called Hillbilly ? TIA.

hagar.

PS : Chris in Tyler Texas named me.. (he was trying to make me look ridicules.)
bigger daddy
Diesel Freak

Post by bigger daddy »

I am just getting started with these diesels and am amazed at what great machines they really are, yes I believe I am addicted. Been in Dubs awhile and finally got 2 diesel rabbits that were brand new when I graduated high school 1981 LOL. One is nearly perfect, one needs to be reborn so to speak. I have redone the pump and injectors due to help on this forum and I am more than eager to try my hand at "hillbilly" tuning. These cars/engines are a real boost to my smileage and a great distraction to the trials of life right now. This really is a great thread for those of us having a rough go of it right now. Hagar I wish you the very best
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Post by hagar »

SAGA : sorry guys , my PM folder was full so I never answered. . Yes I shall clean it out..

hagar.