OBDII ?

This forum is for TDI (Turbo Direct Injection) questions/posts. Non-TDI Motors (Including the 1.6, and 1.9 or other variant turbo diesel motors) should go in the VW Diesel General Forum

Moderator: Fatmobile

waynec
Glow Plug

OBDII ?

Post by waynec »

I tried asking a ? about a light in my dash alittle while back with no results. Certainly someone has a 2000 t.d.i golf with a owners manual. Any how's i purchased a obd2 reader and every time i plug it in i get a error message and no reading? Would really like to know what the light is and what the problem is. I am a diesel mechanic myself and work on newer Mack and Volvo trucks , but the cars are alittle different, any help would be really appreciated, again the light is in the middle of the dash and kinda looks like a sun? and it's yellow.
JRM
Turbo Charger

Post by JRM »

I know that diesel OBDII may differ as each manafacture uses a slight differnt system, things to check are:
1. Water in fuel, I owen a older VW diesel but there should be a tank you can drain somewhere

2. PVC sludge in the intake?? I have came across this once on a friends TDI, I had to remove the intake and attack it with carb cleaner
90' Toyota X cab 4x4
02' Honda civic
85' VW Golf Diesel Project
95' dodge 12v cummins
13' VW Passat TDI DSG
MayorDJQ
Diesel Freak

Post by MayorDJQ »

Go over to tdiclub.com and check the VAGCOM list to see who in your area has a laptop computer with the VagCom software. Works much better than the generic scanners.
CoolAirVw
Turbo Charger

Post by CoolAirVw »

what area are ya in? (fill out your profile)

Richard
85 Jetta TD
ASE Certified Master Auto-Technician with L1 Advanced Engine Diagnostic Rating and Light Diesel certification
ATRA Certified in Rebuilding, Diagnosing & Installing Transmissions

My Threads---> <a href="viewtopic.php?t=6255&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0" target="_blank">Rusty Floor Repair </a> ---- <a href="viewtopic.php?t=4923&highlight=" target="_blank">Oil Pressure Warning</a>----<a href="viewtopic.php?t=6632" target="_blank">Uploading Pictures</a>----<a href="http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php? ... t&p=730755" target="_blank">My Porsche 914</a>