parking heaters

Technical questions and answers concerning all models of VW diesel vehicles.

Moderator: Fatmobile

canman
Cetane Booster

parking heaters

Post by canman »

just wondering if anyone has installed a espar hydronic 4 or wabasto blue heat in they're car. the last couple weeks of -40 have been making me want one... cold is bad. power is not always available. my little golf says no
vegitarian 1991 passat 1.6 td
cold little 91 golf "no vegies in winter"
surfcam
Turbo Charger

Post by surfcam »

I think thats the most expensive route to go and maybe one of the best. A friend had one put on the dodge truck and is quite happy with it. The people that installed it said they can do VW. I think with time and remote starter its getting into 2000 dollar range. I don't work enough to justify it myself. I carrier 150' cord , pipe , and tiger torch. Then I remind the Company that Canada is Kyoto signator and you wouldn't really want me to idle my car all day and add to global warming I usually get power. Canada Lafarge is the only ones that didn't offer power but paid for a boost.

4BTA 3.9 Cummins Stepvan
86TD Golf
91TD Jetta
cLAYH
Glow Plug

Post by cLAYH »

There are remote starters available that will automatically start your vehicle every "x" number of hours. It will run for set period of time and then shut down.

So you could have it start up once or twice in the night, run for 30-40mins and then shut down. Then start it when you get up so its warm when you leave. Much cheaper than an espar system. Not as enviro friendly though.