Anyone ever found a source of injector shims ??

Technical questions and answers concerning all models of VW diesel vehicles.

Moderator: Fatmobile

Vincent Waldon
Turbo Charger

Anyone ever found a source of injector shims ??

Post by Vincent Waldon »

I'm starting to play around with my new pop tester (proudly made of 100 percent high pressure hydraulic fittings for about 30 bucks) and I'm likely gonna need some shims... I can see lightly lapping the existing ones if the pressure is too high but that is a bit of a one way street.

Don't seem to be an ETKA type part... any of you DIYs have any suggestions on a suppler ?? Presumably a guy would want an assortment ??

Vince
Vince

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2001 silver TDI Jetta Malone Stage 1.5 , 2001 blue TDI Jetta SBIII 216s Malone Stage 3
1970 Bay Window bus

Gone but not forgotten: 1969/1971 Beetles, 1969/1974 Westies, 1979 Rabbit, 1986 TD Jetta, 1992 gas Jetta, 1994 TD Jetta

Here's a small collection of HOW-TOs
rwest1
Cetane Booster

Post by rwest1 »

A DIY, and inexpensive way is to use "Shim in a can" (see URL of online supplier below), a roll of steel shim stock available in various thicknesses (+.002" is approximately +5 bar). Punch or cut out shims of proper dimension, stack (wouldn't go to crazy with stacking i.e. std. to Turbo w/.002" shims) as necessary to tune break pressure. I find if only replacing nozzles (keeping other parts together) most of the time rebuilt injectors are right at spec., or only needing a slight change in pressure. P.S. use gloves this stuff is sharp as a razor!!! Regards

http://www.wttool.com/product-exec/product_id/10566