new sticky?

Technical questions and answers concerning all models of VW diesel vehicles.

Moderator: Fatmobile

kayakwesty
Cetane Booster

new sticky?

Post by kayakwesty »

can we have a new sticky, and once you open it up it sends your to links that people have posted? Say a best of?

example:

Heater Core Replacement

Speedometer replacement

Timing Belt Replacement?

we you get the idea....just a thought
http://home.earthlink.net/~mark.cumnock/id25.html

1991 1.6L Jetta 176,459 miles

1984 2.0 ABA Conversion Westfalia Vanagon 157,000 body 20,200 miles motor and transmission
CoolAirVw
Turbo Charger

Post by CoolAirVw »

floor pan replacement?? :oops: :roll:

Richard
85 Jetta TD
ASE Certified Master Auto-Technician with L1 Advanced Engine Diagnostic Rating and Light Diesel certification
ATRA Certified in Rebuilding, Diagnosing & Installing Transmissions

My Threads---> <a href="viewtopic.php?t=6255&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0" target="_blank">Rusty Floor Repair </a> ---- <a href="viewtopic.php?t=4923&highlight=" target="_blank">Oil Pressure Warning</a>----<a href="viewtopic.php?t=6632" target="_blank">Uploading Pictures</a>----<a href="http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php? ... t&p=730755" target="_blank">My Porsche 914</a>
Fatmobile
Global Moderator

fora

Post by Fatmobile »

The FAQ post is supposed to take care of that.
but,... just throwin this out there.
I don't want to see another loss of information, too much work was lost.
I'd like to start a new fora.
An FAQ/VIP fora.
We could hammer a topic out on this general fora, then have it moved over there.
All posts would have to stay on topic and if we deemed them good enough they could be moved to the VIP (very interesting/informative post) fora.
These are just basic ideas I've been tossing around. Like changing a timing belt, it's a good time to do so many things like front crank seal, passenger side motor mount (on the Rabbit). Maybe a few small writeups all linked and moved.
It could be backed up regularly without having to back up the whole forum.
Of course it would include special projects like floorpans.... or maybe we should have another fora for us to document/show progress on our projects... I mean cars. Project cars.
'91 Golf gasser converted to a 12mm pump, M-TDI.
'84 1.6TD Rabbit with a VNT-15 turbo, still setup to run on vegetable oil.
'84 GTI with 1.7TD pistons and intercooled.
2003 TDI wagon
2000 TDI Jetta.
bscutt
Turbo Charger

Post by bscutt »

Great idea - one of the forums my son and I use for his G60 Corrado has an excellent page of links to various procedures for fixing common problems with those cars (there are many!), if it could be maintained in that manner and not turned into another discussion forum, that could be very helpful to me and I'm sure to others.

That would save searching through all the postings for various procedures & such.
Bob

'06 Jetta TDI
'82 Rabbit 1.6NA
Honda, 99 GMC Suburban, '41 Chevy Coupe
Vincent Waldon
Turbo Charger

Post by Vincent Waldon »

agreed.... I especially like hammering it out in one spot and then, once good, having it transfered to a new area.

Vince
Vince

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2001 silver TDI Jetta Malone Stage 1.5 , 2001 blue TDI Jetta SBIII 216s Malone Stage 3
1970 Bay Window bus

Gone but not forgotten: 1969/1971 Beetles, 1969/1974 Westies, 1979 Rabbit, 1986 TD Jetta, 1992 gas Jetta, 1994 TD Jetta

Here's a small collection of HOW-TOs