my new vegetable oil fuel temp gauge, its wireless

Anything related to biodiesel/biofuels, questions, answers, technical information for all VW Diesel Engines should go here.

Moderator: Fatmobile

floydr
Cetane Booster

my new vegetable oil fuel temp gauge, its wireless

Post by floydr »

Not wanting to drill holes in the firewall for any wires, I got creative I bought a wireless barbecue thermometer , this one has the temperature readout on the remote unit. also has an alarm at a preset temperature right now I have it set at 180 f. The highest I have seen with both my electric fuel line heater and my coolant filter heater is 158f at a stop light. since I also have injector line heaters I try to keep the temperature under 160F before the IP. it works pretty slick the thermometer I have only used it to and from work. And I think I will only use it when I am going further than work.

later
Floyd
1981 VWDasher Diesel
WVO conversion sept 27,2006
Single tank conversion
12v injector line heaters, coolant fuel filter heater, and 12v fuel line heater
jason
Cetane Booster

thermometers

Post by jason »

Those thermometers are great, I used the wired kind and soldered on longer wires to the headphone type jack. The wired ones use hardly any power, mine has been on continuously for about three years with the original AAA battery. The only bad thing is that there is no light so I cannot see it at night, I have been meaning to add one but I always have other projects on the table. Let me know if you come up with a good way to light it.

Jason
1982 Rabbit Diesel (was an automatic with a 1.6 N.A. mechanical now its a manual with a 1.6 N.A. hydraulic)
1998 New Beetle TDI
1988 Ford F250 Diesel