Scan Code PO605

This forum is for TDI (Turbo Direct Injection) questions/posts. Non-TDI Motors (Including the 1.6, and 1.9 or other variant turbo diesel motors) should go in the VW Diesel General Forum

Moderator: Fatmobile

98tdijetta
Glow Plug

Scan Code PO605

Post by 98tdijetta »

Hello,
Vehicle:1998 VW Jetta TDI
I have a challenge my check engine light came on. I scanned the OBD and it read error code PO605 anyone familiar with this error code?
Any iformation would be greatly appreciated, any questions or more info please contact me.
Thank you,

Robert
jason
Cetane Booster

Post by jason »

In my Bentley manual for the VW Beetle (1998 to 2002) it is listed as "Internal Contr. Module ROM Test Error", which sounds like something wrong with the memory in the cars' computer. Our cars have different engines though so it might be something else for you.

Jason
1982 Rabbit Diesel (was an automatic with a 1.6 N.A. mechanical now its a manual with a 1.6 N.A. hydraulic)
1998 New Beetle TDI
1988 Ford F250 Diesel
98tdijetta
Glow Plug

Post by 98tdijetta »

I have the same Bently manual, that is the only info that I got from it. I can't find any info in the manual in regards to this scan code or reference to it.
Thank you,

Robert
98tdijetta
Glow Plug

Post by 98tdijetta »

Anyone have an idea of how to fix this challenge, I looked in my Bently manual and there is not a reference to error po605 Internal Contr. Module ROM Test Error, to fix this problem(that I could find) or how to access the memory of the vehicle. If anyone has any more info I would really appreciate it.
Thank you,

Robert
jason
Cetane Booster

Post by jason »

I did some looking around and found that it could be as simple as a replacing some hose to and inside the ECU (computer). I have no idea what they are supposed to do, maybe provide cooling. Personally I think it is more likely that the ROM (the Read Only Memory) has become corrupt somehow which might require a new computer, if the ROM is not a removable chip. On that note, I would try changing the cheap 5/32" vacuum hose before throwing money into a new computer. If that does not work I would check with the folks at that forum because most of the people here work on the older non-computerized pre-tdi diesels
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.ph ... ight=PO605

Jason
1982 Rabbit Diesel (was an automatic with a 1.6 N.A. mechanical now its a manual with a 1.6 N.A. hydraulic)
1998 New Beetle TDI
1988 Ford F250 Diesel