on my way to WVO

Anything related to biodiesel/biofuels, questions, answers, technical information for all VW Diesel Engines should go here.

Moderator: Fatmobile

58 special
Cetane Booster

on my way to WVO

Post by 58 special »

well ive had some time off for christmas and had plenty of extra parts,
so i decided to put in another tank and all the lines for WVO.

i have an old parts caddy and took the fuel lines, filter, and tank off and then just put them onto my truck.
ive ordered my 3way splitter vavles and a fuel line heater from frybrid and plan to put the line heater around my fuel filter to heat it up too.

just some pics i took of my project, i still plan to put in a heated tank and guages to monitor it all.

My cars VW's only

58 beetle, 70 bug
59 panel van, 74 bus
73 thing,
81 caddy 1.6NA biodiesel/WVO
99 TDI beetle
03 TDI jetta
brokevws
Glow Plug

Post by brokevws »

Looks good so far. Hope you don't have any polymerization issues. Better yet I wish you luck in getting your valves sometime in '08. I may have to order some valve rebuild kits as I was running on veg when my timing skipped. Gut feeling tells me they are fried since they been setting for a few months now untouched. :roll: With any luck I'll have it up and running on oil in Jan. Engine swap comes first though. Little by little I'm getting an A2 parts store going on in my garage.

I like the schematics in the back ground in one of your pics. I've got the same laying around in my garage. :wink:
86 Jetta NA
91 Jetta ECODiesel
58 special
Cetane Booster

Post by 58 special »

i finaly finished the tank up.. and im running just straight diesel through it until i get my WVO parts,
and of course everyone of these trucks the very center of the tanks gets tiny pin holes and this one had two of them... so with 5 gallons of diesel in it i had to JB weld the bottom up

im finishing up the bed liner tommorow and then ill build my diamond plate box around the system.

and then i want a roundheadlight front clip...

My cars VW's only

58 beetle, 70 bug
59 panel van, 74 bus
73 thing,
99 TDI beetle
03 TDI jetta
58 special
Cetane Booster

Post by 58 special »

well my parts from frybrid finaly came in and i installed it all,
3way valves, and my heat exchanger...

it took me a good day to mount, plumb and wire up all the stuff but its so cool!

its kinda messy but it all works and the heat exchanger work really fast!
with in 2-3 minutes from cold the fuel filter and heater are piping hot,
the next thing i want to do is to hook some factory heat temp guages to the WVO lines, or maybe a real guage with degree marks??

and my lit switch to tell me when WVO is turned on

My cars VW's only

58 beetle, 70 bug
59 panel van, 74 bus
73 thing,
99 TDI beetle
03 TDI jetta
58 special
Cetane Booster

Post by 58 special »

well i put in some extra guages for the motor, fuel tank, and fuel temp guage.
i took a console out of an early gas cabby with the stock volt, oil pressure, and water temp guages and hooked up all but the water temp becasue i didnt have a place to mount the sender.
then i had an old instrument cluster and took out the fuel guage and stock temp guage and wired them up on top of the console. the only thing i dont like is the stock guages becasue you can touch the needles.

this is my fuel temp sender using a stock temp sender i tapped into a tee and into my fuel line,

also to make your stock guages work outside of the speedo cluster... you need a voltage stabilizer, this only puts out about 6volts to the guages

i guess this needs to be moved into the projects section...
My cars VW's only

58 beetle, 70 bug
59 panel van, 74 bus
73 thing,
99 TDI beetle
03 TDI jetta